PDA

View Full Version : Car seat for baby brother options...

BillK
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Now that we received our referral for our 2nd adoption I need to start thinking about how to handle the car seat issue.

Here's the deal - we're adopting from Korea - and baby brother will be approximately 8-9 months old when he comes home. Zach is now 2 years and 8 months old and weighs around 30-35 pounds - he's vertically challenged so I don't suspect his height will be an issue for quite some time.

We currently have 2 Britax Boulevards for him - 1 in my wife's 2001 Subaru Outback Wagon and 1 in my 2003 GMC Yukon XL. We'll be most likely trading in the Subaru next spring for a new Honda Odyssey but will have a period of time we need to have 2 car seats in the Subaru until that happens.

Anyway - should I just go and get 2 more Boulevards for baby brother - or should I "upgrade" Zach's Boulevards to something new for him and let baby brother use the current Boulevards? Is there something new and improved I should be considering?

I've kind of lost touch with the whole car seat realm over the last couple of years but need to relearn it all again I guess. Any suggestions would be welcome!

kellyotn
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Congrats!

If you are happy with the Blvds, I say get two more. Sounds like Zach is small enough that he'll be in them until they expire. No need to boot him out, he'll "use them up".

That way, you have two more seats you know you like and that you know how to use. And, they'll match! ;)

luvsviola
11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Congrats! I'd also get 2 more Boulevards since he's not even 3 yet and is so small.

bubbaray
11-02-2007, 01:12 PM
OK, I'll be the voice in the wind here. Eventually, Zach will be FFg, right? Well, the Radian is a great seat FFg (assuming it installs well in your vehicles). Why? Because the profile is so low that the child can easily climb into the seat themselves. This is really helpful for mom (I have an Ody and it helps me get both girls into seats with only opening one sliding door -- I can reach across DD#2's RFg MA to do up DD#1's FFg RN harness). Plus, it will help in your SUV -- my DH has a RN FFg in his Pathfinder and it makes it soooo much easier to get DD#1 in without bonking her head.

I'd probably think about getting at least one RN for your Yukon. You've got loads of room in that car, you could probably use two RFg for starters, then flip one FFg for Zach and move the 2nd FFg in the Subaru or Ody and move one Blvd to the Yukon for the DS#2.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007