PDA

View Full Version : Orbit Infant Seat

nrperkins
11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
DOes anyone have the Orbit Infant car seat? If so, what do you think of it? Are you please with the safety aspects? Is it easy to install? Easy to use? Any glitches?

Joolsplus2
11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
I still haven't seen one in real life, but I hear it's really worth the money (easy to install and use, incredibly nice stroller is a bonus...)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

mom2binsd
11-03-2007, 12:27 AM
The only one I've seen is Tori Spellings (not IRL of course)...she was asked about it on her reality show and said she'd loved it....but she might be difficult to get a hold of...lol...I did see it at a store and although it looked really cool the price seemed pretty outrageous...so many other things to spend megabucks on...like a swanky stroller. I guess I've now outed myself as a fan of her show.

mom2binsd
11-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Hop over to the stroller board they have a few good comments to share about the Orbit.

kcimato
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I saw one IRL today. It's huge!!!!!!

codex57
11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I've played with it using one of those minivan bench seats they use as a sample in the store to attach the base. I have no idea how it is in a more modern car back seat, but it's fine on that sample seat they had.

In terms of taking the seat on and off from the base, that is the highlight of the Orbit system. EXTREMELY easy to take on and off. Being able to stick the seat onto the base from any direction is sooo awesome. And once on, the Orbit seat feels REALLY stable. If you look at the connectors for most other infant seats, they're mainly plastic with a couple of metal rings at the actual attachment points. They look MUCH less secure than the Orbit connection.

clc053103
11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I accosted a stranger pushing his "crock pot" LOL down the street over the summer. He raved about the stroller AND the ease of use of the car seat, being able to install it easily and twist it into place.