PDA

View Full Version : GAH!! What seat to get?

LarsMal
11-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I hate making these decisions. I need some help! It's about time to move 20 lb DD out of her SnugRide and into the Roundabout. I don't know what to move DS into, though. I was trying to save a buck and go with a Graco or something else, but I'm just not 100% comfortable with that. I told DH it's worth spending the extra money- for peace of mind knowing we have a safe seat, and b/c we'll probably move DD into it in a couple years when DS is ready for a booster.

So, now I'm thinking we should just go with the MA. DS is 26 months, 29 pounds, and on the shorter side. I'm guessing we'll get a couple years out of the MA for him, with DD in the Roundabout.

Any input?

Thanks!

**My BB book is a couple years old, so I'm sure the ratings have changed/new seats added. If anyone can update me I'd appreciate it!

niccig
11-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Sounds like a good choice to me. It sounds like he'll get to around 5 in it, and then you can assess what seats you'll need. The MA will still have 3 years on it, plenty of use for DD.

HannaAddict
11-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Get the MA and save the money on something else. It really is a great seat and should last for quite awhile. I have a very tall 3.5 year old (42"+) and he still fits in the MA though he is primarily in a BLVD now. I've bought my seats primarily from babyage.com on sale and had quick shipping and recent manufacture dates, even with the sales. I bought a seat from albeebaby too (on sale!) and same good experience. There have been some MA's on sale for just over $200 (like $209) on babyage.com and I think babycenter too. You can save some more $$ using ebates. The Britax seats really are nicer and easier to use.

Kimberly

PS I love the Roundabout for your little one too. We had the RA for my son when he outgrew his Snugride and it was my favorite seat. I have a burning desire to buy a Diplomat (RA with side wings) for my one year old even though she has a MA! I loaned my friend our RA since her one year old was riding around in a terribly installed (unsafe), very old, car seat of some brand with icky twisted straps. My friend saw my car seat when I was putting the kids in the car and saw how tight my two were and asked me to look at her car. I told her it was actually not safe (it was scary!!) and she had been given the seat as a baby gift years before when her first child was born - he is eight or nine now! I drove the RA up the next day and her husband was actually a good sport and not defensive but said he now realized the kids needed to be rear facing until college. (He was being funny about it but taking it seriously.) They are smart people and good parents so it was strange that the car seat issue was not on their radar.

LarsMal
11-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks so much! We went to BRU tonight to get an MA, but they don't have them back in stock yet. The guy tried to sell me on the Evenflo Triumph, but we decided to wait for the MA. I was bummed b/c we had a 15% off coupon that expired today. I went to albeebaby.com, though, and found one for $219. No tax or shipping- what a great deal!!! It's not my first choice for color, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'd never heard of albeebaby.com so I'm so glad I posted here!

Thanks again :-)