PDA

View Full Version : Protecting/toting your gate-checked carseat?

aunt83me02
11-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Ok, so after many different scenarios we decided that we'll take the old Touriva w/ us to Phoenix on Thursday. We want it to be protected but also accessible if we somehow get a chance to use it on one of the flights any suggestions? Also how do you tote it under these circumstances? We're not sure if we're taking the stroller or not (Chicco Capri)--for those that use the stroller to tote the carseat.

Thanks,

Marie

hillview
11-10-2007, 03:00 PM
We have traveled a lot and never put the seat in anything when we gate check it. There are never any issues -- I think since they SEE it is a car seat they take care with it.
GOOD LUCK!
/hillary

tylersmama
11-11-2007, 03:21 AM
On the occasions when I haven't had a ticket for DS, I get one of the clear plastic bags they have at check-in. I wait until I'm absolutely positive that I won't be able to take the seat onboard before putting the seat in the bag, though. It doesn't do anything to cushion the seat, but it does protect the fabric from the elements and dirt of the tarmac, as well as allowing the baggage handlers to easily see that it's a carseat (so theoretically they're more careful with it). They do NOT have the bags available at the gate, so you have to get them at the ticket counter when you check in.