PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on a Marathon?

LaurelC
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Joey is getting close to outgrowing his infant carseat and I would like to get another Marathon. Does anyone know of any good deals right now, or anything coming up?

I am not super picky on the cover - except that it can't be girly. Thanks!

BayAreaMom
11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I've found the best deals on closeout Britax's at albeebaby.com with fast free shipping. Right now they actually have the Boulevard in tan for $239.99 which is a great deal since it's a better seat than the marathon (safety-wise). But, if you're set on the marathon- they have the portland color for $219.99.

The girly 'Olivia' is a remarkable $202.49, in case anyone out there is looking for a girly seat.

The only risk you take ordering a closeout seat is an old manufacture date. I called Albee about this when I ordered my seat and while they couldn't tell me the exact manufacture date for the seat I ordered, they did let me put a note in my order to select the most recent manufacture date from their warehouse. It must have worked because the closeout seats I ordered were at most 2 months old when I got them.

oneontheway
11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I just ordered & received the MA Olivia from Albeebaby.com for $202 and was SO pleased to get it in about 3 days and best of all it had a manufacturer date of October 2007 which I think is terrific!!

I did post in the notes section of my order that I wanted a recently manufactered seat but I have no idea if they actually read it regardless I got what I wanted.

Good luck!!

rachelh
11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't know posters on this board opionions of buying off ebay, but I figured I'd take a gamble. I have seen most sellers write the manufactured date on the auction page so no need to worry about the recall. I have not received my Marathon yet, but I got it for $185 + $30 shipping. The color I ordered goes for $269 so I got a good deal. I saw a Marathon go for $150 + $30 shipping on ebay as well.

Melanie
11-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Oddly, it's now up to $219!