PDA

View Full Version : Parkway questions

lfp2n
11-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I was all excited to get DD a Parkway as a seat for carpooling and travelling (she uses a Marathon in our car). However I thought it would be so much easier to carry the Parkway as its so light, after lugging the MA through airports, but it actually seems harder to carry when you are wighed down with bags etc, as you need 2 hands and cant hang it on your arm via the straps- what do other people do to carry it?
Also I worry as now I have to check it and can't take it onboard and it seems so flimsy at the back compared to the MA, hopefully it won't break where the back joins on, or where the neck bit moves.

I also hhad a question about that, is it supposed to recline, why is there flex bewteen the seat base and the back at the bottom?

Lucy DD 3/03

Joolsplus2
11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Well...it's not the best travel seat... it's easiest to check it in it's box, but then you risk it getting lost in luggage :(. The 'recline' is just the 'flex' at the bottom so it contours nicely with any given vehicle seat, really.
A better flying booster would be the Compass B510 in the carry bag, or the Graco Turbo Booster, which you can pack the back in luggage and bring the base as carryon, that way you won't be completely stuck at the airport if they lose your luggage.
You could find a carseat bag or large duffel to fit it in (it's smaller than the roundabout, fits in a regular carseat bag), and gate check it, to minimize crushage and possible lossage...

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

lfp2n
11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks-yeah I know a 510 would have been better....
We were trying to be green and only buy 1 seat. The 510 looked perfect for flying but it wouldn't fit next to the MA without moving it from the center which I don't want to do every time I give another kid a ride. So I had to weigh up which I did more often, travel or be a taxi service!

Still if our thanksgiving trip flying Richmond to NY is a real hassle maybe DH will get onboard with yet another seat but I doubt it.

Lucy DD 3/03

Joolsplus2
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
VA? Hmmm... what can I lend you... :D. (I got nothin'...Husky, and a buncha backless boosters :P)

Try a travel bag, then, it really should be fine.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

o_mom
11-12-2007, 04:09 PM
You could try a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster? They are $35 shipped at Albee. I just got one last week to have as a spare and it arrived within 5 days.

It packs extremely well and you can use it backless if needed (same as Julie said with the Turbo - pack the back and carry on the base). If he fits in the MA still, he could fit in this. I will warn you that it will probably be older - mine was made in July 2006 - it is not as tall as a Parkway and there likely aren't any spare covers to be found.

Really great for three across, too, as it is very narrow. I fit it between a MA and DC in the third row of my Odyssey.