PDA

View Full Version : Good carseat for carpooling, 3 seats across

Rose
11-13-2007, 12:33 PM
In 2 1/2 wks I will be changing from an evening job to daylight and have enlisted the help of 2 other mommies @ my DD's preschool to give her a ride. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good seat that can be quickly moved in/out?
It will probally be in the middle as both mommies have 2 children with seats already in place. One has a honda crv w/ a lap belt in middle; the 2nd vehicle is an Toyota RAV-4 w/ a lap/shoulder belt.
DD is 4 1/2, 39 in. and somewhere around 35 lb. She needs a new seat anyway since she's outgrown her triumph and from what Iv'e read here the booster we bought her may not be safe, I know it is useless with a lap belt.

Any suggestions? I'm considering the RideSafer Travel Vest but I don't know if either vehicle has a tether. It would be wonderful if I could find one a seat that TARGET carries; I work at the Dist. center and receive a disc. + alot of theirs currently have free shipping!

Joolsplus2
11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh, we are SO stumped! I wish the Parkway would work :/ (CR-V is not going to have a tether in the middle unless it's a 2001 model or newer).
Eddie Bauer Portable (Cosco Tote N Go) might even be a good choice for the CR-V, at least... once you fit it to her, it's relatively easy to get a fair install with a lapbelt.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx