PDA

View Full Version : It finally arrived! But now how do I read the manual?!!!

OKKiddo
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Bryan's Britax Boulevard in Park Avenue (or is it) finally arrived!!! I'm so happy. I saw the fed-ex guy deliver it from the mail boxes where I was checking the mail and I practically ran home to get the mammoth sized box into the house, lol.

I opened the box, took the car seat out, took the plastic off, and began the search to find the manual. Finally, I found it tucked under the cover in the front. And bolted down to the car seat itself. It's on a piece of elasticy material but there's no way to sit and read this in any kind of a comfortable manner because it doesn't detach from the car seat. Unless I take a took and unbolt it which I REALLY don't think I should do. I don't want to mess around and unscrew something vital, YIKES!

So, should I cut the rather thick elastic stuff? Or just get all kinds of crimps, cricks, and cramps reading it on the floor with my neck bent down (like a Giraffe trying to drink water) to read it?

Aye yi yi!

P.S. I wonder if it is even the Park Avenue print because it is so BROWN. There is very little blue in the design at all and most of the pictures I have seen show it more blue and grayish. Mine is mostly brown. What's up with that?

hipmaman
11-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Removing the manual by unlooping it through the elastic band. Don't cut, don't unscrew.

OKKiddo
11-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Well, I didn't think I could unloop it. It was done up pretty tightly. But, 5 minutes after I started wrestling with it (car seat smashing my lap) I managed to get it off. PHEW! Now to install it tomorrow. Wish I lived closer to a big city that I could just go to an installation place and get it done for me, lol. Man! I'm lazy! ;)

tjham
11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Haha! Giraffe trying to drink water! Good visual!

I know it's hard to read while it's attached, that's for sure! I actually usually just read the manual online!

http://www.britaxusa.com/support/documents/Boulevard_P276100_R2.pdf

I wanted mine to stay attached AND be easy to read so I clipped the elastic cord (close to one end to maintain the length) and then retied it to the manual at the end of the cord. I can manage to read it attached or undo it easier if needed and then retie it. Not saying you should do that, that's just the way I handled it. ;)