PDA

View Full Version : BabyTrend or Chicco KeyFit?

CareBearMom
11-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I am a first time mom-to-be, and need some advice on infant car seats. We are trying to decide between the Chicco KeyFit and the BabyTrend Flex Loc or BabyTrend Latch Loc.

Any experience with these, do you have an opinion which one is better? Safety is most important to us, but ease of use and practicality are also important.

Joolsplus2
11-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Key Fit, hands down. Much easier to install with LATCH or seatbelt, allows the handle to be up when driving, way better harness system.

Graco Safeseat is also a fantastic choice, lasts way longer, just about as easy to use as a Key Fit :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

Tammy
11-23-2007, 01:09 PM
We've been using the Chicco KeyFit for 13 months now, and absolutely love it. Our daughter is always comfortable in it and very safe. The car seat tech that helped me said she was impressed with the seat.

sivan
11-23-2007, 01:15 PM
love love love love love the keyfit! I can even install it, and i have the worst back ever!

dwine10
11-25-2007, 01:25 PM
I have a Baby trend flex Lock and love it. It had higher safety ratings and was lexx expensive. You can't beat that!

pomegranate
04-01-2008, 04:21 PM
A little late to post, but I wanted to say that I love my BabyTrend Flex-Lock! We've had it for almost 7 months since DS was a newborn. It was really easy to install (I did it myself), clicks into the base really easily (the base also feels nice and heavy/sturdy), and the triangular handle has a nice grip and allows for various hold positions. This carseat also fits really well with BabyTrend's Snap n Go, which we also have. I'm just sad to have to say goodbye to this carseat soon since DS is fast approaching the seat's 22 lb weight limit.

HannaAddict
04-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Another vote for the Keyfit. Great seat, truly the easiest one to install ever. Easy seat belt install too, better fabrics and padding, comfortable, etc. Get the Keyfit 30 and it will last a long time unless you have a super long baby!