PDA

View Full Version : 3 seats in an '08 Accord?

chicagojo
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
We just bought a new 2008 Honda Accord yesterday and while eating lunch after our purchase my husband suddenly panicked, asking what would happen if we had another baby - would we be able to fit 3 carseats in the car? Well, now, this isn't a true emergency because a) there are no plans for a 3rd on the immediate horizon and b) we also own an SUV that can seat 8 (Honda Pilot) so it's not like the Accord is our one and only car. But, it did get me thinking...does anyone know if 3 carseats can fit in the rear seat of the new '08 Accord? We had a RA and a Regal Ride in there both FF today and there was some space in between, but it didn't look like enough for another seat. Thanks to some great advice I got from this board last week I have 2 new Radians en route - I know they are pretty narrow - would there be any possibility of fitting an infant seat (and later I guess a 3rd Radian) in between the 2 Radians in that car? TIA if anyone happens to know...

o_mom
11-19-2007, 08:55 AM
We have an '06 Accord. I have not put three seats in, but I think if you installed the Radians with the seatbelts it would give you enough room. The LATCH anchors are too far inward to use them in a 3-across situation. A RA or MA would probably fit center as well, since it sits up higher.

shburks
11-21-2007, 04:55 AM
FWIW, the 2008 Accord has the biggest backseat it has ever had! I was just researching this very thing the other day. At 54.3" of hiproom, it's just two inches shy of what the center row of a Pilot has. I think it would be tight, but I do think a RF infant seat and a Radian would fit since they're so narrow.

chicagojo
11-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks - this is good to know! The Radians haven't arrived yet but when they do, I'm eager to play around with all our seats and see what combo fits!

shburks
11-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Good luck! The only thing we found was that we didn't always get a great install in the center position of the back seat--probably not as big a deal when you have two kids as one would be on each side of the back seat. The RA went well there, but the Recaro didn't and had to be moved outboard. I really feel like with the extra 1" in the width of the back seat and a narrower seat (Radian), it would be a piece of cake.

Melanie
11-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, by the time the unplanned non-existant baby arrives your eldest could be in a booster-type seat which takes up less room.