PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered a boulevard for this kiddo... what was I thinking

Radosti
11-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I was browsing the Albee Baby website and was looking at the boulevard on sale for $224.
http://www.albeebaby.com/brbococarse2.html

I wasn't loving the color, so was about to click off when I saw directly underneath it, a Park Avenue color listed for $224.99 (2007 model). I clicked on it and it came up $299.99. Darn. Was about to click off it, but for some reason I decided to call instead. The guy said that it was on sale and isn't anymore, the web guy forgot to change it in that one place. I asked if he'd still honor it and he said that he would. So, before I knew it, I was buying the Boulevard in Park Avenue for $224.99. This seat is going to sit for almost a year!!! What was I thinking? DH is going to kill me. Doh!!! However, DS had to be moved out of the infant seat at 3.5 months and who knows if I'll find a similar deal in august. I spent $219 per seat on DS's marathons. OK, so I bought a SafeSeat for this kiddo, so won't need to move him/her out at that stage yet. But I love the colors.

Someone tell me I didn't waste my money...

BillK
11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Well the sitting for 1 year thing kind of sucks since you'll be using up a year of the seats "expiration" time.

That being said - I LOVE our Boulevards. A Blvd is good from 5 to 65 pounds - why does it have to sit? No reason a little one can't ride in it.

The adjustable wing/shoulder harness makes the Blvd the cat's meow imo.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
um, sorry. I think you wasted some money.

This is for the baby due in June?

Even if you can return the Safeseat and go directly into the Boulevard at birth, you have still used up 7 months of the "life" of the seat. If you use the Safeseat to its limit, you are using up more of the life of the Boulevard, plus you wasted the money you spent on the Safeseat.

If you love the color, see if you can buy a cover now and save it to put on a new Boulevard when you really need it. There are always sales on carseats, no need to buy ahead when you see a really good deal. There will be another deal.

Okay one way that it might not be too much of a waste is if you are not planning to have any more kids. This kid will probably outgrow it before it expires anyway. But if you are planning to have more kids, it might expire before the next kid outgrows it and you will have to buy another seat then.

Radosti
11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I thought about it sitting for a year and cancelled it. Oy...

Joolsplus2
11-21-2007, 01:48 PM
LOL! Hormones ;).

They'll be on sale again, maybe next year's September clearance will be perfect for you.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx