PDA

View Full Version : problem with snugride

emschwar
11-22-2007, 11:50 AM
We're using our 2003 snugride with our 2nd child, and it's being dumb. When I put it in the base, the red clip snaps right in, but the 2 metal clips on the bottom don't. I literally have to push down on both sides of the seat to get it to snap in. And when I try to remove it from the base, I have to push down on the seat while pulling up on the red handle thing to get it out. This is a little obnoxious, and also leads me to question the safety of the seat. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Will Graco do anything about it if I call them?

Joolsplus2
11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Ugh, annoying... it wasn't one of the recalled ones, right? You DO have the metal U-shaped bars on the actual seat that are clicking in?
I'd contact them for sure, and if you have access to any other base (they fit in all bases, so ask a friend), try it out to see if it's the base that's wonky or the seat. (like maybe one of them warped in storage? I'm not sure what else to speculate on...). In the meantime, if it reall concerns you, then I'd use it without the base, it's wobbly-feeling and a pain to do every time, but is actually slightly safer than using the base when it's done right.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

emschwar
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I never got a recall notice on it. The seat was manufactured on 7/23/2003. I'm pretty sure the bars on the bottom of the seat are metal U shaped ones.

Normally, we use the safeseat in my car (scored it for $35 at target on clearance) but use the snugride in DH's car. This week, we're at my mom's for thanksgiving, and she has a snugride base in her car (we flew down) so we're using that. When we get home, I can test the seat in DH's car. Last time we used the snugride was on the ride home from the hospital, and I don't remember having the problem then (although I am a tad sleep deprived and can't remember much of anything).

I'm not too too concerned, so long as I remember to push the seat onto the base to click it into place, but I'm not sure I'd trust someone else to put the seat in.

I'll give Graco a call when we get back from our trip.

Thanks!