PDA

View Full Version : jogging strollers

Tsevens
07-17-2000, 08:36 PM
I'm looking for a great jogging stroller that won't break the bank. I am just starting to get back into shape by power walking and hope to begin jogging soon. Any suggestions or practical experience/advice?

Randi
07-23-2000, 12:30 AM
I'm looking for a jogging stroller also. If you hear of any recommendations I would appreciate it if you would pass them on. I'll do the same.

jojomo18
08-15-2000, 08:55 PM
I am also looking for an reasonably priced, quality jogging stroller. I wonder if any taller parents have a recommendation. I checked out the Baby Trend $99 model and seemed OK. I would appreciate any feedback.

Randi
08-16-2000, 12:52 AM
I posted a message a few weeks back to this forum and after doing some more research I ended up buying the Baby Jogger II stroller. I read about the BOB stroller and Baby Jogger strollers on their web pages and then ended up calling Agee's Bikes(804)672-8614 website www.ageebike.com as recommended by the Fields (Agee also has an 800 number listed on their website). I told the people at Agee how I planned to use the bike and they made a suggestion of the Baby Jogger II as it seemed to meet my needs and because they had long history of making well made strollers. Their price on this bike is excellent so I order it from them and it arrived within days in perfect condition. Some assembly was required but that was easy. I've used the stroller a few times with my 5 1/2 month old daughter and it seems great, but I had to put in a head support cushion for her for a little more support. My only complaint is that the fold up mechanism is a little bit of a pain so I leave it set up all the time. It takes up a lot of space in our one bedroom apartment! I understand Baby Jogger's Joggeroo has a one handed folding mecahnism but it was much more expensive than the Baby Jogger II. Good Luck and I hope this info helps. Also I'm about 5'5 1/2'' and the height feels just right for me.

Randi

saveabundle
08-29-2000, 05:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-00 AT 04:46AM (Mountain)[p]I was recently on the babyjogger.com website. They have a factory outlet section. The outlet offers joggers that are new with some imperfections and reconditioned units. Let us know how you make out.

sarsah
09-07-2000, 09:45 PM
I have an In Step 5K jogging stroller and have been very happy with it so far. I got it on clearance for $65. It sells for around $90 regular price at Target.

It folds, but is still kind of big. We use it for walks around the neighborhood and keep our other storller (Combi 6600) in the trunk for outings.

Sarah

Tsevens
09-09-2000, 11:51 PM
Well, it's been nearly two months since I posted my original message. After much research (and, a surprise bonus paycheck), my husband and I did buy Baby Jogger's "Joggeroo". Yes, it is much more expensive than the Baby jogger II, our second choice. But, we LOVE the one-handed folding mechanism!!!! It makes it sooooo much easier!!! Also, when unfolded, it is smaller in width and length than the Jogger II, so it's easier to manuever around tight spaces. We currently live in a 2-bdrm apartment, and it's not taking up much space at all. We bought it at a store in Portland, Oregon, that was willing to match Agee's price on their web site. That was nice. We are super happy with our purchase and feel comfortable with Baby Jogger's warranty. After I sent in the postcard to register the stroller, they called me to answer any questions I might have. Already, I'm impressed with their customer service! Hope this info is helpful!