PDA

View Full Version : Info on Capella strollers

genemc
07-18-2000, 12:21 PM
I'm trying to find out if anyone has heard of the Capella strollers. I was in a local store and found one in stock. I can't find any information about it (other than from their website). As far as I can tell, no online places sell it either.

Thanks.

SherryM
07-23-2000, 05:43 PM
I am interested in knowing their email address. What sort of strollers do they carry. Could it be private label for Peg?

genemc
07-24-2000, 11:33 AM
The website for the Capella strollers is:
http://www.capella.co.kr/

They look like nice small units, but I have never heard of them before so I don't know how well they are made.

SherryM
07-24-2000, 05:05 PM
They look remarkably like Combi's. I would check to see how they recline since I hate the strap recline mechanism on my Combi Gem.

genemc
07-24-2000, 06:18 PM
The reclining mechanism seemed to be very good. From what I remember, it went almost to 180 degrees. It seemed to be close enough for a newborn. It was just a shade over 8 pounds.

I liked how it had a release mechanism almost exactly like the Savvy Z. The thing I didn't like about the Savvy Z was also the strap that held the seat up. It didn't have any sort of aluminum frame like the others did.

This one did and it seemed to be much much studier when the baby is reclined.

A place in San Jose, Ca had the Capella on sale for $163. I'm thinking of it because it is only about 1 lb heaver, only a couple of inches wider and longer, and sturdier than the Savvy Z.

genemc
07-24-2000, 06:36 PM
The one I saw was the Capella S-207 model.

I've never seen this anywhere else.

Denise
01-14-2001, 01:43 AM
We bought the Capella Sport - the only model I've ever seen. We also bought the Combi Travel Savvy (or some similar name) at the same time to compare. The Capella Sport is about 99% the same thing, only for much less money. I bought it through babygear.com when they were having a sale, but alas they are out of business, I believe. I paid only $40, but the regular price from them was $90. The Combi version goes for about $200 - huge difference. I LOVE the Capella Sport - super easy to push (one hand is enough), folds up tight and narrow (can fit in an overhead bin on an airplane, but the airlines usually won't let you take a stroller on anyway), and has the handy over-the-shoulder strap. These double-fold strollers all have tiny baskets, however, and can only fold up when there is nothing in the basket. Also, I took this stroller with me on a trip to Europe with my 16-month-old, and it was a true godsend for most of the trip, but now I know why European strollers all have such huge wheels. The tiny wheels that roll smoothly indoors or on modern sidewalks are near useless on the cobblestones of old Europe. I had to carry son and stroller sometimes!