PDA

View Full Version : Stoller Help

E&E
07-21-2000, 10:43 AM
Hello. I am planning on registering soon. I have decided to get the Peg Perego Venezia for my regular stroller. I like it because of all the features & it is substantially lighter than the Milano. Now, I'd like to get an umbrella style stroller too, as a "spare" stroller and becasue we plan on doing some travelling post baby. This is where I need help! Although the Combi's are highly reccomended, I really was not impressed with what I saw in the store. They are so lightweight that I think a heavier baby could tilt it. Also, I HATE the strap mechanism that controlls the recline on the stroller. I do like the Peg Perego Pilko, but at $200, I feel it could be too much. Of course my Mom said to just register for it. Can anyone tell me their experiences w/ the Pilko? Does it work well as a travel stroller? Is it much lighter than the Venezia? Any other reccomendations for an umbrella type stroller?

Thanks!

SherryM
07-23-2000, 05:39 PM
I hate my Combi Gem. I wish I would have gone with the Pliko. I have never reclined it because it is a pain. You may want to think about registering for 2 cheapy strollers(in step makes a decent umbrella stroller). That way you can leave them in the trunks & not care if they get trashed.

superjordan
08-05-2000, 06:58 PM
I have the Combi Savvy Z and love it. It's the best money I ever spent. Even though it is very lightweight, (which is one of the main reasons I bought it), it is very sturdy. My 2 1/2 year old still uses it and we've had this stroller since he was 3 months old. We've traveled all over with it, taken it on airplanes, trains, buses, etc. It steers very easily with just one hand, turns on a dime and fits easily into our trunk and airplane overhead compartments.

Ours is an older model and they've made some improvements since. If I were to purchase it today, I would actually purchase the Ultra Savvy because it reclines fully.

For the money, I think this is the best lightweight stroller on the market. Our 2 1/2 year old stroller still looks like new. My only complaint would be that the basket is not very big.

Good luck.

Lynn

citipenn
09-01-2000, 09:33 AM
The Pliko is a very luxurious stroller and it folds easily, but I really don't see it as a great travel stroller - it's just too big and heavy. If you don't like the Combi Savvy, then I'd recommend you register for a low-end Maclaren - much lighter and easier to manage than the Pliko.