PDA

View Full Version : Graco Citisport - any experiences?

E&E
08-05-2000, 11:44 AM
Hello - has anyone had any experience with the Graco Citisport stroller? I like the design, but can not find any information on it.

Thanks! :)

bdee
11-05-2000, 01:18 PM
this is a bit late but in looking for things regarding this stroller i found this information

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/products/product_tests/strollers/strollers_full.htm#graco

thegarcias
02-06-2001, 05:09 PM
Hi! I posted a reply to this s me question... look at top of message board under graco citisport...in short, I love this stroller.

Leen2
02-18-2001, 10:19 AM
I saw this stroller yesterday @ Babies R Us and love how it closed up and was SO light. It was so simple and stripped down. But I wasn't too keen on the back adjustment strap or the little clips that held the seat to the frame. I doubt they'll hold up over time. I didn't like anything else though, my first inspection of the Peg Perego brand left me rather confused on how this clunky ugly heavy brand was so great? Now I am interested if anyone has the City Jogger by Baby Jogger?? I've only seen it on the net, but it looks like a possibility for my urban/ rails to trails walks and mall crawl. Please write in any input on this hybrid.

Belacane
03-04-2001, 05:47 PM
Yes! My husband and I bought this for Alex who was 8 months old when we flew to Denver for Xmas. It is a remarkably wonderful stroller, very sturdy despite its light weight. Nothing has gone wrong wtih it yet, and we've completely stopped using the stroller from our Century travel system, which is now taking up space in the living room!

The only possible (future) drawback I can see with this stroller is that the "seat belt" which is 2 side belts that buckle onto a center "through the legs" strap, well, this does not provide much restraint. Alex is constantly leaning forward to chew on the padded front handlebar, which doesn't bug me, but it's possible that either a.) he will be able to maneuver out of the seat belt soon or b.) he will rip the seat belt from its sewn-down points by all this wriggling.

Otherwise it's definitely worth it! We got ours at Babies R Us for $70 when they were having a special grand opening deal at the new one in our town. I think they are normally $80 or $90.

Good luck!

j9brennan
03-05-2001, 06:30 PM
I bought this stroller for a car stroller so that we could
use our Perego Pliko stroller only at home. My baby hated it.
The 5 point restraint kept him too reigned in too close to the back and he couldn't lean forward at all to look at things, that was the worst part. Also, it was so narrow that he had no room to move around in it. It seemed like it was for really really small babies, but my baby was 7 months old when I got it. The look is nice, and the basket it big and easy to get to, but after he was used to the roominess of the Peg Perego and it having no shoulder restraints, he wouldn't even allow us to put him in this Citisport one.

Belacane
03-05-2001, 10:00 PM
You must have a different model from mine, mine does not have shoulder restraints. We just bought ours in Dec. 2000. Maybe yours is older than ours.