PDA

View Full Version : CENTURY 4 IN 1 TRAVEL SYSTEM

ZINGER
08-10-2000, 10:57 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO GET FEEDBACK FROM PARENTS ON THE CENTURY 4 IN 1 TRAVEL SYSTEM, ALSO, WHICH MODEL, THE ELITE OR PLUS

Grace
08-30-2000, 08:54 AM
I have this travel system and I love it. I put a lot of time into selecting a travel system.
I love this one because it was the only model I found that the infant seat actually snapped into shopping carts which is in extra security feature.
I got the Plus model with a discontinued pattern for $144. The only difference between the Plus and Elite model that I found was is the Elite model has the extended handle for taller parents.
Good luck.
Grace

nanda
08-31-2000, 07:57 PM
Just an FYI. I am 6'2" and what I realized about the extended handles are thatthey really aren't necessary for most tall guys... because if you have longer legs... you probably have longer arms, so you tend to keep the stroller out in front of you anyway. Just my 2 cents...

hubby of "nanda"

Petey
09-18-2000, 09:54 PM
I have this travel system (the higher end one, elite, I believe). Since Grandma bought it, I went for the top-of-the-line. The stroller has great amenities (telescoping handle, large basket, double cup holder!, fully reclining) and it maneuvers very well for a large stroller. The stoller has been great for walking with the large nobby wheels (I see no need for a jog stroller).

But now that my baby is about to move out of the infant carrier/carseat, I am considering buying another stroller. The travel system stroller is HEAVY and bulky (maybe not a problem if you have a minivan or suv). I drive a Camry and the stroller takes up most of the trunk. It is difficult to lift it up and out of the trunk (less of a problem in an suv or minivan since you don't have to lift up and out).

One note about the car seat base: I'm not sure if the Plus base has this feature, but the Elite base has a feature that allows you to adjust the height of the back of the base. This is a GREAT feature, especially when your infant is young and needs to recline more to keep her head back.

If I had a chance to do it over, I'd look into the snap n' go with the basket or the combis that allow you to attach the century carrier. Just watch for the handle height - I "test drove" a combi and kicked the back wheels (I'm only 5'4 1/2" on a good day).

Belacane
03-04-2001, 06:11 PM
We bought the Elite before Alex was born in 4/00. We used it extensively (even though the stroller was very, very heavy) until we planned our Xmas vacation and didn't want to check it as luggage (it would NO WAY fit in an overhead bin and the airline probably wouldn't let you even if it did). We bought a Graco CitiSport for travel and now we use that one all the time.

FYI, most places that have shopping carts also have a few with the baby bucket seats attached so you on't necessarily need the car seat.