PDA

View Full Version : Combi-6600 or Ultra Savvy

tuffy
08-13-2000, 09:29 AM
I really want to get a light weight stroller (my due date is in November), and so far both my husband and I agree to get Combi products. After reading more about the Combi products, I don't know if we should get the 6600 (which is about $100 less than Ultra Savvy) or the Ultra Savvy. I believe 6600 is 14 lbs vs. Ultra Savvy 10 lbs, but Ultra Savvy folds twice, which is nice since we're planning to take a long trip overseas next year. Both have the "Perfect Match" feature. I guess the most important questions I have are:

1). Is it worth to spend the extra $100 to get Ultra Savvy, just because it folds twice.

2). Can I still put the folded 6600 in the airplane or it this just good for Ultra Savvy

3). I heard so many complaints about how small the Ultra Savvy basket is. Is this true? I notice that it is smaller, but can it still hold the important items (such as the diaper bag).

Thanks,

Amanda

littlemomma
08-23-2000, 11:53 AM
I also had the same dilema . . . not knowing whether it is worth the extra $100 for 4 lbs less & easier folding. In the end I decided to get the 6600 so I could spend the extra money on other stuff. At 14 lbs, it is still very lightweight and relatively easy to fold. It is true that the basket is smaller, but it will hold my backpack diaper bag and an extra blanket if neccesary. I'd rather "make do" with a small basket & save myself some backpain as opposed to the large, heavy strollers w/ more storage. I haven't traveled on a plane with mine yet, so I can't help you there. I bought my Combi 6600 from www.babystyle.com for $70 (no tax & free shipping at the time I purchased). I bought it under the "$20 off a $20.01 purchase" promotion for first time customers. I was just at that website yesterday & the offer was still on. Check it out & good luck!

sarsah
09-07-2000, 09:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing you were and ended up with teh 6600. I got it from www.babystyle.com for around $70. They had a buy $100 get $50 off, so I ended up with a stroller and some other things for $50! I'm very happy with it and it's not too heavy for me to lift out of the trunk. The perfect match system is great.

I haven't traveled on an airplane with mine yet (will be doing so in a few weeks), but you can always 'gate check' the stroller, so you can use it up until the time you board and then pick it up as soon as you get off the plane.

Sarah