PDA

View Full Version : Beach Tent

da5id
08-19-2000, 10:01 PM
Suprisingly enough, I can't find anything about which beach tent to buy. Our pediatrician said that a tent is a must, but which one!? Any thoughts?

alandenisefields
08-20-2000, 08:50 PM
Hi there. Good question---that's topic we have not researched. BUT, I would guess you should head to an "outdoor" store that has hiking/camping stuff and buy a good tent that is has a special coating on the underside to reflect sunlight and heat off the baby. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

jill
09-24-2000, 04:53 PM
We used a tent from 'One Step Ahead'. It was great! Its about 4 ft. tall and about 3 ft. by 4 ft. interior - big enough to lay down with the baby inside (and feed her). It does not have a floor, but has two sides that are solid, one side that zips open, and one open side (all with sun-proof UV protection sides). It stakes into the ground and is lightweight, easy to assemble and dis-assemble and use. We used it for 2 weeks at the beach and our 4-mon. old daughter got no exposure to sun. I definitely recommend!

julesdol
04-20-2001, 11:15 AM
I saw some tents for the beach at Babies R Us and also at Target. They seemed very large and had floors on them. I didnt look too closely at the SPF and stuff but that may be a start where you can look. They were around $30 or so. I am heading to the Keys with my then 7 month old so I would also be interested in any ideas anyone has.
Thanks

angusmom
04-20-2001, 10:01 PM
I don't know how fancy you are looking for, but here is your basic infant tent with SPF protection.

I found the one I have at:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/pri/pri03002.html

Enjoy!

mkmom
06-21-2001, 07:19 PM
We bought the Family Cabana from One Step Ahead and it is GREAT, packs easily, and sets up in less than 10 seconds. Worth the money, would highly recommend it !!