PDA

View Full Version : Why 2 strollers???

Stolidoli
09-05-2000, 09:17 AM
I am about to register and Baby Bargains has been extremely helpful with rating products, etc. One thing has me confused though...there seems to be a consensus that 2 strollers are needed, instead of just one, and I don't get it! I feel like if I knew better why I needed two strollers, I could make more informed choices.

For example, Combi's Ultra savvy seems to have it all - lightweight, reclining, car seat compatible...do I really need a bulkier stroller in addition (I was looking at the Pegs)? What for? FYI, I would be most likely considered a suburban "mall crawler" with treks into the city.

Obviously, I am completely ignorant. Please help me!!!!

alandenisefields
09-05-2000, 09:36 AM
Good point, but remember the car seat-compatible Combi's are brand new---up until this point, most folks needed two strollers to get all those features.

Of course, you don't NEED two strollers---many folks get by with just one. On the other hand, other parents tell us they end up buying several strollers as their babies grow---the bigger, bulkier ones for the early months; super lightweight models for the later years. Those bulkier, Perego type strollers are best for urban dwellers who don't own cars or use their car infrequently. So, given your lifestyle, that Savvy may be all you need!

best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

Stolidoli
09-05-2000, 10:38 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm still open for other opinions too...I could use all the advice I can get :)

Geebee
12-03-2000, 10:10 PM
You will probably be fine with the combi that allows the car seat to be attached (you DEFINITELY want this feature). There also now appears to be travel systems with lightweight strollers, and you may want to check this out. If you walk or jog outside, you can purchase another stroller with large wheels that handles sidewalks and/or trails or find a travel system that can handle those conditions (with large wheels and shock absorbers).

I am also considered a "mall crawler". I swore that I wouldn't get a second stroller, but I am in the process. I have a travel system. The stroller is great if I didn't ever have to collapse it and shove it in my trunk (and get it out again). It also is difficult to get through small places. On the plus side, it has huge wheels (great for walking outside on sidewalks), a nice large basket (I call it my shopping basket), and 2 cupholders. And it maneuvers well for such a large stroller. But I am beat down by getting it in and out of the trunk and not having any room in my trunk. So now I am buying a lightweight travel stroller that fits nicely in my trunk.

Good luck.