PDA

View Full Version : New Peg Perego travel systems

J
12-06-2000, 09:21 AM
We are seriously considering purchasing one of the new Peg Perego travel systems, available in February. Anyone have any insight on them?

We have only seen photos but are hoping that it would give us a quality car seat and a stroller. Of course, I don't yet know how the seat will fit in my car or in a grocery cart.

curlytop
12-09-2000, 05:23 PM
I have seen these too...but I don't know anything about them.
Do you know that you can get an infant car seat adapter bar that will fit the Peg's Venezia and Milano XL models? I just happened to stumble across it on the babycatalog.com site (it is under the Stroller Accessories catagory). Since I had never heard of it I called babycatalog.com and they told me that it is in fact made by Peg and it will fit the '99 Venezia model and Century car seat I plan on buying. On a side note mercata.com has a good deal right now on a new in the box '99 Venezia (about $240). You also can check mysimon.com for other awesome deals! Hope this helps. This may be a good way to get the benefits of a travel system and still buy products that you know are of excellent quality. I plan on ordering the Peg from Mercata and the adapter bar from Baby Catalog this week! Has anyone out there already done this???

mel2K
01-06-2001, 10:54 PM
Hi, I have the 2000 Venezia and just assembled the attachment for my graco carseat and it works great. The peg is an excellent stroller. This past September before the attachment was available I was so desperate for the convenience of keeping my newborn in his infant carrier that I purchased a combi ultra savvy. It served its purpose but was a bulky stroller to get into the car and fold up. In addition, the peg has such a smooth ride and is much sturdier. Good luck.- Melanie :D