PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Strollers

daveandkelly
12-10-2000, 09:50 PM
When I was at the store I saw a new stroller called the Walk Air by Zooper strollers. Does anyone know anything about these? They look pretty sturdy, but I am not sure......

Jeannine
03-06-2001, 01:39 AM
I am also looking for more information on Zooper strollers!

Rosamia
03-09-2001, 09:46 AM
There's more info at Zooperstrollers.com

csequine
03-28-2001, 01:05 AM
I also am interested in the Zooper strollers. I really like the look of the Walk Air. I really like the tires - wondering if they swivel. We live in a rural area on a farm and it looks like a great stroller for us.

Also interested in finding it online- anyone know where? The Zooper website doesn't list any stores anywhere near us.

Thanks
Jill

ctp
04-09-2001, 04:36 PM
I just ordered the Zooper Sport stroller. I was originally torn between the Combi Ultra Savvy and the Peg Perego Pliko Sherpa. When I went to the store to check out strollers, I came across the Zoopers. I hadn't heard of them before. They seemed very sturdy and quality built. I liked the Sport better than the Pliko for these reasons:
(1) I found it easier to fold.
(2) It has metal snaps holding the fabric in place, as opposed to Pliko's plastic tabs.
(3) The basket has more room.
(4) The safety belt system was much nicer, including padded shoulder straps, and easy to adjust.
(5) I personally found the fabric choices more my style.
(6) There seemed to be more room for a toddler.
(7) The handle is a solid, one piece vs. umbrella style.
(8) The legrest can fold up to completely close off the (end) foot opening.
(9) Air-inflated tires.
Not important to me, but maybe worth mentioning is that the Sport also comes with a rain shield and a full boot.
The two strollers were equally priced ($220), had a canopy window (although the Sport's can be covered by a velcroed flap), both stood on end when folded and appeared to fold to the same size. The only downside I can see is that the Sport is heavier than the Pliko (19 lbs. vs 15.6 lbs.). For me, the extra quality seems worth it.

The store also had the Breeze model. It seemed to be of excellent quality, but I didn't like the way it folded, it had the umbrella-style handles, and the basket didn't have as much room.

The store also had the AirWalk model, but I didn't check that one out - sorry.

Not sure if this information is helpful to anyone, but I will emphasize that I was thoroughly impressed with the Zooper quality.

babyjessi
05-10-2001, 04:33 PM
We just bought a "Walk Air" Zooper stroller. We haven't had a chance to test it out since our little one isn't due for a couple of months yet. We live where there are a lot of gravel trails that we walk everyday, and the tires look like they will handle the rough terrain very well. It also has shock absorbers which will make baby's ride a lot smoother. It is the only rough terrain stroller we have seen that you can take a new born in. The seat folds completely horizontal. In response to someone else's query, no the tires do not swivel. I think this is a safety feature on strollers designed for rough going. For the mall we are ordering a perego pliko travel system which has more maneuverability and is lighter weight. With the Zoopers big all terrain air tires it doesn't fold down very compactly. The quality of the Zooper looks great and it's the only stroller my husband fell absolutely in love with.

sara
05-29-2001, 12:08 PM
I have the Walk Air and absolutely love it. My husband saw it and just had to get one before our daughter was born. She is now 8 months old and she loves the stroller. It is very sturdy and goes over anything. It has shock absorbers and large air-filled wheels, so it is very comfortable for her. The back reclines all the way down, so we could use it when she was a newborn. I have a Combi Savvy Z for my "shopping stroller", and it is not nearly as nice as the Zooper. I am considering getting one of the Zoopers with swivel wheels to replace the Combi. My DD never really liked the Combi; I think it is just not that comfortable for her. I highly recommend the Walk Air.

KEGNLG
06-01-2001, 11:42 PM
The nice thing I noticed with the Sport model is that it has 7" air infated tires that swivel, compared to the Walk Air.I checked out their website and was impressed with the quality look of the product. I would like to check them out, hopefully stores local to me are carrying it. I'd like to hear from other owners of Zooper and get some road test reviews.

daveandkelly
06-02-2001, 02:15 AM
I did see the Sport Stroller in a store recently. It looked impressive, but folding the stroller was a problem. It was quite hard! The sales person even remarked on how complicated it was. Has anyone had any problems with it?

Nathan
06-08-2001, 01:25 PM
When I looked at the Sport Zooper stroller, the salesperson had a difficult time closing it. The stroller is a lot stronger than the Aprica, Combi, and Peg-Perego ones so you have to follow the company's folding instructions closely.

That said, once you know how, it is not hard to fold at all. In the middle of the handle is a two button locking device which you can operate with one hand. Press both buttons and you can push the handle in toward the seat. The handle bends in half. Then you pull up on the handle located on the back of the stroller and it folds up.

I mentioned the stroller is stronger. Most of the stroller is metal and it won't flex like plastic. The other strollers utilize a lot of plastic in the design so they may be a bit easier to fold. However, I was always concerned that I may force it to bend in a manner it wasn't supposed to and end up damaging it. I do not have that concern with the Zooper Sport.

I like the front wheel locks. The wheels can be in any position, you snap the locks and push the stroller forward. The wheels will swivel and lock in the forward position.

Our baby is a few months away, so I can't provide any real-world stories about the stroller. But I did purchase it and can't wait to use it.

Nooknookmom
06-11-2001, 09:16 PM
FYI-I checked out the zooper's too, the sport and breeze seemed very cool. They were very nice and sturdy. Yesterday I happened upon the stroller line that zooper seemed to have copied, it is from the Netherlands and the name is Quinny. Check out www.quinny.com. They are primarily available in Europe. I wonder if zooper's are of the same quality, most of these strollers accept infant seats.