PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Carriers Assistance

caramia2000
01-06-2001, 02:49 PM
It's almost time to retire our Baby Bjorn (she's just tooo heavy) and I was looking at the Kelty back carriers. I'm not planning to use it for major hikes just walks and in the store. One friend told me that most children she knew didn't want to be in the back carrier once they started walking or trying to walk so it may be a waste of time. Anyone have any experience? Also which Kelty would you recommend or other brands. I know to try it out first before purchasing.

alandenisefields
01-08-2001, 10:01 PM
Good point---some kids just don't want to be carried once they learn to walk. So that's the risk with any carrier.

We don't have a specific model preference---the whole line is excellent. Anyone out there with any specific experiences with certain models?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

alexmom
01-17-2001, 06:34 PM
Hi! I have a Kelty Elite carrier, and we just started using it, so I don't know how much help I'll be. So far we love it and my son loves it, but he's also not walking yet. We are hikers, so the Elite is good for us. For your purposes I would recommend the Town or the Country. They are less involved. I have friends who have the Country for walks and a few hikes, and they have been using it for a while and have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. I also have friends who are serious hikers and have the Trek and love theirs. So I think no matter what you choose, you'll like it, but it never hurts to try it out before you buy it. Kelty is a great brand and the carrier seems like it will last forever. Hope this helped some!

Lauren, mother of Alex 5/11/00