PDA

View Full Version : CHICCO 2002 STROLLER

Mammaluna
01-24-2001, 05:32 PM
I am interested in purchasing a Chicco 2002 Stroller since I've been extremely happy with several of their other products including Chicco Mama Highchair & Infant Seat. I was wondering if anyone owned this model stroller and if they would be willing to share their experiences with it.
Thank you for your help.

karin
02-13-2001, 01:11 PM
Hi--I purchased this stroller almost a year ago for my now 9-month-old. I absolutely love it-- and this is baby #3, so I've been thru my share of strollers. After a year of heavy use, it still pushes easily, even one handed, even on less-than-perfect surfaces; in every aspect it performs as well now as the day I took it out of the box. It's also tall enough for me to push comfortably, something I had trouble with with a lot of other strollers, even tho I'm no giant at 5'7". I also like that it's not huge, and can manuever easily in stores and crowded streets. It does not recline completely flat, but it comes close, and I had no qualms about putting a sleeping newborn in it. The potential drawbacks: the basket is small and hard to access; and collapsing it is a 2-hand (and one foot)job. It collapses easily, but it does require putting the baby down. Also, it is not a lightweight-- putting it into my car trunk requires both hands. If you will need to collapse the stroller quickly, while holding the baby, and carry it & baby onto buses, etc., this is NOT the stroller for you. However, if you'll be using it for a lot of walking, and just putting it in & out of your car or home, I think you'll be as happy with it as I am.

Mammaluna
03-24-2001, 01:32 AM
Thank you so much for your feedback! I was able to find some reviews on epinions which were helpful but no one mentioned the height handles which were a big factor for me. I have a Peg Perego Venezia which I never use due to the handles being too short. Anyway...I finally purchased my Chicco stroller and received it today. I decided to go with the Trekking model which is basically the 2002 model with extra features such as a built in raincover and removable wheels. It was easy to put together and it looks great. I hope I have as much luck with it as you have. This is probably the 12th stroller I've owned (3rd child) and I'm hoping it will be the last.
Thanks again for your opinion.