PDA

View Full Version : Combi 6600 questions

sfanning
01-29-2001, 02:38 PM
I want to order a Combi 6600 online, sight unseen. Can anyone answer these questions:
a) the front wheels swivel, but can they be locked so that they don't swivel (i.e., centering wheels)
b) the height of the handle is adjustable, but how high does it go? Is it tall enough for someone who's 6"2
Thanks

lmintzer
01-29-2001, 07:15 PM
Hi. I am pretty sure that front wheels on the Combi 6600 do lock. I was looking at this stoller in a store, and the salesperson suggested locking them before folding the stroller. The handle does adjust, though I am not sure exactly how high it goes. I am only 5'2, and it is just barely LOW enough for me in the lowest position. So I would imagine in the highest position, it should be okay for someone a foot taller. Probably best give it a try in a store if possible. There's a great sale going on right now on estyle.com on the 6600 model. $59.99 plus approx. $15 shipping. If you use a coupon or a first time buyer's discount, you'll get another $10+ off.

alexsharp
01-30-2001, 03:33 PM
On the height issue, we were just looking at one and my husband who is 6'2" said it was a comfortable length for him. His arms are fairly long (he wears a 34-35 arm length shirt).
The babystyle.com deal is great - and I know they are reputable - but I would check if it is returnable since you are doing this 'blind'. I almost ordered a Peg Perego from them but it was a non-returnable item - and I would rather spend $20 more for the comfort of being able to return it if it is not what I want! Good luck!:D

srlarsen
01-31-2001, 12:59 PM
I just ordered this stroller from estyle.com and I received it in less than 1 week. It is great! I highly recommend the 6600. I also bought it sight unseen, and yes the front swivel wheels do lock (you must lock them to fold the stroller) and it's tall enough for my husband who is also around 6'2". It's a great buy on estyle at $59.99 - $10 if you are a first time buyer on their site. Shipping was $15, so the total I paid was $65, for a stroller that is regularly priced $99! Wow!

ecarley
01-31-2001, 04:02 PM
I ordered my 6600 from estyle with a $30 off coupon from dealofday.com. Unfortunately, that coupon isn't available any more. Half of my order came in 2 days, via priority mail. The stroller should arrive tomorrow.

The stroller is NOT returnable, because they have a new 2001 model. But if it's a real stinker (I'm not expecting that) I'll definitely be able to sell it for 50 or 60 on ebay, which means I'll be ahead either way. :7

sarsah
02-04-2001, 10:26 AM
I have the Combi 6600 and have used it since May. It is a great stroller. My mom ordered it for me from www.babystyle.com last spring (before DS was born).

The front wheels do swivel and can be locked, although I've never used them in the locked position. You are supposed to lock them before folding the stroller, but I don't ever do that and my stroller folds just fine.

The handle is adjustable (you push a button at the base of each side of the handle). My husband is over 6' and finds the highest position of the handle comfortable to use.

I would highly recommend this stroller. If you have a Babies R Us near you, they carry this stroller (in black & gray -- ebony -- only).

Sarah