PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Carrier plus Umbrella Stroller

reillyjg
02-03-2001, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I have seen Baby Trend's Snap-N-Go Baby Carrier for car seats and also umbrella stollers. Does anyone make something that is a combination of the two. In other words, a carrier that can hold a car seat but could alternately be an umbrella stoller. I am looking for something a lighter and little more portable than the regular stroller the car seat comes with.

Thanks in advance,

Jill

Geebee
02-05-2001, 04:10 PM
I don't know about the low-end typical umbrella strollers, but Combi and now Peg Perego have lightweight strollers that can be adapted to carry the car seat.

Nooknookmom
05-08-2001, 01:07 AM
Kidco makes the Grand Finale that is a Maclaren knock off and does accomodate the carseat, however I do not know the workmanship or durability of a Kidco. Look on Kidcoinc.com.

mckitt
05-10-2001, 12:51 PM
The Combi Ultra Savvy (~$270) is about 10 lbs and has a single bar, so it's easier to steer one-handed; the Peg Perego Pliko strollers (Plikomatic, Sherpa and Trek: $199-$250) are 16 lb. umbrella strollers for which you can by an accessory bar (~$20) that allows you to attach a carseat/carrier. These two types of strollers have a full recline so they can be used with infants even in the absence of the car seat. Although they are more expensive to begin with, they are well-made strollers that can be used even after Baby outgrows the infant seat, whereas the Snap N' Go is just a frame and thus has a more limited period of utility.