PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice from Owners of Combi 6600 Stroller

Stacy
02-07-2001, 01:44 PM
Hello. I was registered for a 4in1 travel system until I read the posts about the Combi 6600 strollers. I'd like to purchase one but I'm curious how easy it is to get your sleeping baby's car seat to attach to the stroller. The 4 in 1 systems appear to just snap right on without disturbing the baby. From what I've read on Combi's web site getting an infant seat to attach to their stroller is not easy. At least it doesn't appear to be from what I've read. Any advice would be helpful. thanks!

ecarley
02-07-2001, 04:01 PM
We haven't started using our 6600 yet (munchkin's not due till August) but we just got it and put it together. It has a bar you install that the seat just snaps into, and then a safety strap that goes around it to keep it secure. Doesn't look any more difficult than hanging your seat in a grocery cart.

lmintzer
02-08-2001, 01:14 AM
Hi. We also could use a little help from owners of this model. We just put together our new 6600 (baby's due in May). Although it basically looks okay, there are a few odd things that we thought someone might know how to help with:

1. The stroller doesn't seem to free-stand even though it's supposed to. It looks to me like it needs to be able to balance on the back wheels and the frame of the basket. I'm thinking maybe that the basket is not quite at the correct angle (not obtuse enough) when folded. Anybody else have this problem or have suggestions about how to fix it?

2. The cushion sags at the point at which the back rest meets the seat. I can't seem to pull it taut. Could the velcro be misplaced? Or is this sagging just a product of a strong crease from the padding being folded while in the box? Could this have something to do with the positioning of the little padded roll bar that goes (behind?) the headrest? Any ideas about how to stretch it out? It doesn't look as nice this way and doesn't seem as safe for a baby with the amount of slack. Also, although the fabric looks to be good quality (it's nice and soft) I was a little disappointed to see some chalky white lines along some of the seeams--looks like these might have been guidelines for the pattern cutters.

3. Does anyone know if you are supposed to attach the velcro at the bottom of the canopy to the backrest while the stroller is in its upright and middle positions, or is this just for when its in full-recline mode?

Thanks for your assistance!
Lisa

ecarley
02-08-2001, 09:56 AM
I can't help with #1, ours hasn't spent any time folded yet. But as for the pad, yep, ours was crunched up when it arrived too. Pull out the pad and the headrest and let them hang out for a couple days. That should ease out any wrinkling. And the pads and headrest weren't affixed squarely on ours either. Pulling it all apart should give you a feel of how it should all adjust.

I think the velcro at the back of the canopy is only for when the seat is fully reclined. I played with it both ways too, and This was how it looked best. Good luck and report back after the kidlet is born!

workshy
02-08-2001, 11:26 AM
I have one and used it (with the infant seat/carrier) frequently. It is pretty easy to snap in place and strap a safety belt. It's sturdy and not too bulky when it folds (compared to the other SUV-type strollers.) And its light.

dadtobe
02-08-2001, 12:01 PM
It sounds like the general advice is that you'd be better off with a Combi 6600 and using the Perfect Match system to attach an infant car seat rather than go with a Graco/Century/Evenflo-type travel system. However, after looking at both options last night, it seems like the Combi 6600 stroller is just about as heavy and bulky as the travel systems' strollers. What would be the main advantages of going with the Combi?

Also, how would the use of the Combi 6600 and infant car seat compare with the use of something like the Snap-N-Go and an infant car seat? It seems like the Snap-N-Go is much lighter than the 6600, but can't be used as a stroller alone, which would necessitate buying another stroller.

Recommendations?

Thanks!

lmintzer
02-08-2001, 01:24 PM
Thanks much! Makes me feel better knowing this is common and I didn't get something defective. : )

teresajill
02-08-2001, 04:39 PM
Funny you should ask....

My husband and I couldn't agree on a stroller, so we bought 2. I picked out an Evenflo comfort fold travel system (yes, I know they're not highly rated in baby bargains book) and he picked out the Combi 6600. Both strollers arrived the same day.

We found that attaching the car seat to either stroller was virtually the same. It was extremely smooth and easy.

Although the dimensions and weigh look similar on paper, there is a HUGE difference in size between the two strollers. The Combi 6600 is not bulky and folds up much smaller than the Evenflo Comfort Fold stroller.

The one thing I don't like about the Combi 6600 stroller is the way it locks when folded. You have to use a stupid clip to hold it together. Everything else is nice.

We live on the beach, so we already know that we'll use the bigger stroller (with cup holders & shocks) on the beach and use the Combi stroller whenever we go in the car.

If you're looking to buy a Combi 6600, I'd highly recommend going to babystyle.com. They have one on sale for $59.99 plus you can get $20 off (if you're a first time customer) by using the coupon code MSTWENTY.

Note: If you are buying a Combi stroller and want to be able to snap a car seat into it, make sure it says "... With Perfect Match System."

teresajill
02-08-2001, 05:04 PM
I forgot to mention that the Combi 6600 will recline fully while the travel system stroller will not.

This particular Combi does NOT have the feature that allows you to drive the sroller from either direction by sliding the handle over the top to the other side. It does have a big basket.

If you aren't very tall, this might be a better choice for you. The height of the handle is adjustable and goes very low. From what I've seen, the travel systems are made for bigger people.

sarsah
02-12-2001, 01:57 AM
I have a Combi 6600 stroller, which I used with at Century Smart Fit Plus infant car seat. It was very easy to attach to the car seat to the stroller without disturbing the baby. The car seat snaps onto a bar (that replaces the padded front bar), similar to how it snaps onto a shopping cart. There is also a safety strap that fits through where the seat belt strap goes on the infant car seat. I didn't really use the safety strap. The seat seemed secure without it.

I love my 6600 stroller. It folds up very compact and is a lot lighter than any of the travel system strollers.

Sarah....