PDA

View Full Version : combi 6610/6600 vs peg perego venezia

alexsharp
02-07-2001, 02:10 PM
Hi,
I am trying to decide between the Combi 6600 series and the Peg Perego Venezia strollers. When I asked a shop clerk at a local baby gear boutique she pretty much told me that I was comparing apples and oranges and did not give me a straight answer. I realize that the Combi is much cheaper ($99) than the Venezia ($289) but I am still struggling to decide between the two. I am what the book describes as a 'mall crawler' but I am still going to go for walks (we do not have sidewalks - but we do have paved roads). I just don't know if the weight difference (4 or 5 lbs)is really going to matter. I feel the Venezia is still lighter than some of the other strollers out there. Has any one had experience with either of these strollers?

lmintzer
02-07-2001, 03:05 PM
Hi. We just ordered and received the Combi 6600 from estyle.com (not the 6610, because the 6600 is 1 lb. lighter and a little more compact due to haveing smaller wheels). We haven't used the stroller yet (baby is due in May), but we have heard great things about it. Personally, weight and bulk were an issue for me. The Venezia looks extremely well-made and certainly is very attractive, but I really notice a difference when I pick up a 17-20 lb. stroller as opposed to a 14 lb. stroller. We also plan to be doing a mix of "mall crawling" and city walking; the in and out of cars factor definitely pushed us in the direction of buying something lighter.

If you like the Peg Peregos but still want something light, you might consider the Plikomatic. We almost bought this stroller except for the fact that my husband didn't like the two handles as opposed to one bar.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

sarsah
02-12-2001, 02:03 AM
I have a Combi 6600 which I have been using since last May. I like it very much. The light weight of the stroller makes it very easy to get in and out of the car trunk. I use the stroller mostly at the mall & airport. I originally used it for walks around the neighborhood too, but then found a great deal on a jogging stroller so that's what we use for walks (we do a lot of walking) and I keep the 6600 in the trunk of the car.

I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend. I think the Combi is a good choice with a GREAT price.

Sarah..,...

elaine
02-14-2001, 05:59 PM
Consider how often you'll need to haul the stroller up stairs. I personally find my 6600 annoying enough - I can't imagine trying to get a larger or bulkier stroller up the front stairs every day.

Twurlysoo
02-26-2001, 09:57 AM
I would strongly dissuade you from purchasing the Venezia. I own one, my daughter is now 15 months old, and I am shopping now for a lightweight umbrella-type stroller (probably will go with one of the Maclarens). While the Venezia is VERY well made, it is sooooo heavy, and I have really caused major back problems for myself lugging it in and out of my car...After having spent close to $300 for the Venezia, it bothers me to have to purchase a second stroller, but for the sake of my back I see no other choice! Good luck!

csequine
03-04-2001, 03:05 PM
hello!

We are actually buying both of the strollers you mentioned. We just bought the Combi 6610 with perfect match from babystyle.com. I had the Martha Stewart coupon and it was free shipping last week! We pulled it out and put it together and are still married so it passed test number one so far!

I like the bigger wheels - it manuevers around the house very well. I will be one of those "heavy duty " stoller users. We travel a bit and spend a lot of time outdoors away from home so quality/durability was paramount for me. I don't know which stroller we will use where the most but like having the options.

Jill