PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bags

Steph
02-09-2001, 02:36 PM
Whe plan on purchasing two diaper bags - an Eddie Bauer one and I'm considering the Urban Sling by Combi. Has anyone tried Combi's Urban Sling - if so, please share your opinions.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Mammaluna
02-09-2001, 08:07 PM
I have the Urban Sling and I love it! I also have 3 other diaper bags which I ditched as soon as the Sling arrived. The Sling has a nice wide adjustable strap which is very comfortable to carry. One of my favorite features is the outside pocket for cell phones - no more missed calls because I wasn't able to get to my phone fast enough. There is also an insulated outside pocket for bottles and plenty of room in the bag for change of clothes, etc. There are two outside zippered compartments and I believe 3 inside. I purchased this bag for my third child and I have to say it's the best one I've owned. My husband doesn't mind using it at all(no goofy embarassing print). The bag is very stylish, comfortable, and very functional. I purchased mine at babystyle.com. I believe it is $48.00 but I used a coupon for $20.00 off(code:MSTWENTY) so it was a very good deal. I don't know anything about the Eddie Bauer bag. A friend of mine purchased a diaper bag through Lands End and she is very pleased with it. Lands End also has exceptional customer service so if anything did go wrong they would go out of their way to remedy the problem. Hope this helps with your decision.

joodyjr
02-09-2001, 08:34 PM
I can't tell you much about the Urban Sling but I would like to let you know about the Lands End as the previous person mentioned. It really is a great bag. I compared it to the Eddie Bauer and what actually sold me was Lands End's reputation. I have the Deluxe and it is all I take for baby on out of town weekends. Everything fits. I think (not 100%) that it is cheaper than Eddie Bauer and I also think (again not 100%) that you can get Lands End Deluxe alot cheaper on their website..an older model I believe.
I'm not sure if you already have baby yet or not, but a little diaper bag advice.... I HAD TO HAVE the Lands End, (which I love as stated above) but I also received 3 others (freebies from Hospital) and quite frankly, I use the freebies every where else except out of town trips or longer than usual trips. I found out rather quickly that my beloved Lands End diaper bag, while all that I hoped it would be, was just a bit much for a quick trip to the mall. Especially if you breastfeed. Sometimes I just throw a diaper and travel pack of wipes in my purse for even less hassle. My advice is to pick one really nice bag and wait for the hospital freebies.

Steph
02-11-2001, 03:50 PM
Thanks for your feedback - I'll be making the purchase!

Steph
02-11-2001, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - I just checked out the Lands End bag and I agree, the size would be great since we plan to take lots of weekend trips.