PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Infant Seat that fits Perego Pliko Sherpa Stroller

greyhound mom
02-19-2001, 11:16 PM
My husband and I looked at the Perego Pliko Stroller over the weekend at Baby's R Us. We asked about purchasing the infant seat that is compatible with the stroller, but the saleswoman was clueless. Is there one that is REALLY compatilbe or is this a pipe dream?

We also asked about purchasing a seperate infant seat (away from a travel system). One that would be compatible with the Perego. It seems that Baby's R Us doesn't carry them any more....

Do I go with my husbands suggestion and just buy the Graco Chauffer mondo stroller???

We like the idea of having the baby in an infant seat for grocery shopping and that sort of thing. However, I'm not crazy about the idea of the travel systems for car seats. I want to get a Britax convertible.

I have a couple months--not due until June, but I would like to make my decision soon. Thanks for ANY input.

Jackie
02-20-2001, 10:14 AM
There now is an adapter bar available for the Pliko that is suppose to fit most infant car seats. I will be ordering one within 1 week. I purchased a Graco snugride car seat. I will let you know how it works out. I have the '2000 Pliko Matic stroller which, I believe is the same as the Pliko Sherpa. One thing I did find out from Peg Perego is that you have to detach one side of the adapter in order to fold up the stroller. I hope this is no big deal. The only place I have found the adapter for sale is by calling Peg Perego (they are very hard to get ahold of now, for some reason) and I have found it at Barebabies.com (available 2/23). I have not heard if they are a good place to purchase from or not.

Jackie
02-21-2001, 10:57 PM
I just ordered the adapter from Barebabies.com. They got them in today and it has already shipped. I called Karen @ Barebabies and she has a request into Peg Perego as to whether or not the adapter folds up with the stroller. I am suppose to get a reply tomorrow. I should have the adapter in 2-5 days USPS priority mail. $19.95 and free shipping.

greyhound mom
02-22-2001, 12:34 AM
Thanks I will check it out!
Michele

lifeisgood
02-24-2001, 01:04 AM
We're thinking about getting the Peg Perego Pliko Sherpa also. A sales rep at a baby store told us that Britax infant seats are not compatible using the adapter bar, but that all other brands should work.

I found the 2001 model at barebabies.com and Stollers4Less.com. (2000 model has the 3 pt restraint vice the 5 pt, and the 2001 comes with a built in basket...heard a lot of complaints about the 2000 model basket accessory that costs $20 and is pretty flimsy).

Peg Perego is coming out with an infant car seat that will snap into the Sherpa (and other models) without the adapter bar. Has anyone heard anything about this? I have't seen any reviews on Peg Perego car seats.

greyhound mom
02-24-2001, 11:20 AM
Hi there,

We didnt' even consider the Britax baby seat--due to the recommendations from the book. We planned on getting the convertible model.

I went to Perego's website and they are coming out with a couple of new travel systems. They look interesting and I am thinking that we may wait until April to purchase anything. I also want to wait on the Britax Advantage car seat--not sure when that one will be put on the market. I'm luckily not due, until June.

We've decided that if all that fails, then we will go back to the "big" Graco Chauffer model.

Good luck!
Michele

Jackie
03-01-2001, 12:03 AM
I received the adapter bar last Saturday and it appears to work well with the infant seat attached (Graco) although it does not lock to the bar. It comes with a strap to secure the seat the stroller. The adapter bar has a rubbery plastic center that bends when folding the stroller. It works great and is totally out of the way. The stroller will still stand when folded, also.

Jeanann
03-14-2001, 01:33 PM
Go to the perego website and they will direct you to stores on the web that have the new system. Barebabies.com and strollers4less should have the new system although it may not ship out until April. Hope this helps

lifeisgood
03-14-2001, 10:45 PM
I saw the travel system and the separate infant seat available through barebabies.com. Unfortunately, I'm due in late April and I live in Hawaii and it's very difficult to get things shipped out here (most on-line shopping won't ship to Hawaii at all...you'd think I lived in another country!) So I have to order stuff...have it sent to my mom in the mainland...then she can send it to me FedEx.

So, needless to say...I didn't want to wait until April to order a car seat that I may not receive in time. We have a Century Avanta on the way. We still haven't ordered the Sherpa. Guess we need to make a decision soon!

tamiam
03-16-2001, 11:02 PM
I also live in Hawaii. I found the best baby places for shipping here to be babiesrus.com and rightstart.com. I think both places carry the Sherpa. On a weird note, I've actually SEEN the Perego travel system in person - HERE, in Hawaii, where we are the last people to see anything new! I was at Toys R Us and a lady had one. She must have gotten it in Europe or Japan. It looked REALLY nice.

To give you an idea of shipping, I just got a car seat from from babiesrus and they charged me $3.95 shipping. My mom ordered 3 car seats from Right Start and was charged $5 per seat. Pretty good!

Congratulations on your upcoming birth - I am also due in April!