PDA

View Full Version : Century Lifestyles Avanta Travel System

nancyj65
02-22-2001, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on this stroller from Century? I was looking at it last night at Babies R Us. It seems to have the new 5-point harness infant car seat, which is good, but as a travel system it seems even more awkward and bulky than the Graco Chaufeur CoachRider, which I like better. I had been set on getting a Combi 6610 with a Graco SnugRide DX5 or a Graco Sterling LiteRider until my husband and I started testing them all in the store....the Perfect Match bar on the Combi just seems a little rickety with the car seat attached, and getting it on just right took a little doing. I'm also anticipating a big baby, and the Combi looks a little cramped as a stroller. My husband really liked the CoachRider, even with the large size and weight. We know nothing about this new Century model and are hoping for opinions before we make a purchase. Thanks!

vicki3306
03-07-2001, 01:35 AM
Hi Nancy--did you get the Avant travel system after all? I am interested in it but haven't seen it yet--only through the website. I am choosing between the regular Century 4-in-1 Travel System plus and anything else that may work. I saw that Peg has a Pliko Sherpa which will come with a car seat but won't be out until April, and that's exactly when I'm due, so I guess I have to look at something else. Please let me know of your experience. thanks a lot!

nancyj65
03-07-2001, 02:33 PM
Hi there....we ended up getting the Graco Chauffeur Coach Rider Travel System. Both are big, but the Century seemed bigger and more awkward. It also didn't "feel" as good when we pushed them around the store and practiced folding them. I also didn't like the carseat as much as the Graco. It sits on a much higher base and the padding on the one at Babies R Us seemed less plush than on the Graco. Another purely cosmetic thing that turned us off was the color. At Babies R Us it came in one color combo: the stroller was navy blue, which was great, but the infant carrier is white, which not only doesn't match, but I figured the plastic would get dirty looking and show wear more. I'm primarily going to be what the book calls a "mall crawler" plus I'll be using the stroller for walking the neighborhood for exercise. We have a Dodge Durango (SUV) so I don't really need to worry about the trunk space issues with a big stroller. Also, I figure the weight of the stroller will help me tone these flabby arms! Good luck!