PDA

View Full Version : New Graco MetroLite Stroller

future_mommie
02-26-2001, 11:33 AM
I tried this stroller out at Babies R Us yesterday and it is so easy to push and seems to operate quite well. This is the newest model for Graco and I'm having a hard time finding any ratings on it. Anyone know anything about it?

I wish I could wait until the new Baby Bargains book comes out in April (already ordered it) to make a decision, (I figure Alan & Denise know something about the MetroLite) but I have to register before then and don't want to make a mistake. Any feedback is MUCH appreciated! :)

Heather EDD 6/15/01

Leanne K.
03-18-2001, 11:53 PM
I was also pretty impressed by the MetroLite, so I decided to ask the guys at my local Babies R Us. One of them was very enthusiastic, saying Graco "finally got it right" and he expected it to be his best seller this summer. The other guy was a little more cautious since it's a new model, but he agreed that it seemed to have everything the similarly priced Combi had, plus cup holders, and was easier to fold. (Plus, he says that they will take it back if I'm not satisfied up to 3 months! Can this be true???)

If I get this stroller it will be my third (second child) so I feel like I've finally figured out what I really need. My first was a Combi Cambridge (now discontinued) - a great stroller for someone shorter than me - but with a tiny basket. My second was an Evenflo (floor model, real cheap): great handling, huge basket, but heavy, and the seat cushion went all over; and when it's folded up, the napper bar is on the bottom and is now all scratched up.

So the MetroLite LOOKS like it has the lightweight, easy folding of a Combi plus the big basket, cup holders and trays we love. I liked that the napper bar easily popped open for front access for an older child. It folds up with one hand and stands upright - nothing touches the ground except the wheels. The only thing I worry about is the cord mechanism it uses for raising and lowering the seat back - it looks like it could get worn out or broken. It comes in two models, the more expensive has rubber wheels and a "bear" print, which I noticed matched their infant seat. I really like the "Glen Plaid" though, and I'm really considering getting it. Emma is six months old now and we use the stroller for mall crawls and neighborhood walks.

I have to say, I could get the Pliko or the Combi if I wanted to, I just think this Graco model has everything I need in a stroller for 99 bucks retail, so why spend more?

lgt
03-30-2001, 06:33 PM
I just looked at this too & it is nice! Now that my son is 6 months old, I find the weight of a stroller to be less of an issue (I am strong now!) and want something that folds easily. I was also looking for a 5 point harness for the squirmy one.

We haven't decided yet (also looking at Maclarens) but this looks like a winner. We currently use a Combi convenience stroller which works very well. I'm not sure I want to replace it. The infant carrier hooks into it. It is just a little bit of a pain to fold & unfold.

kristenv
03-30-2001, 09:01 PM
I have this stroller! I got it from babiesrus.com about a month ago and LOVE it. I also have the Peg Perego Sherpa, and really prefer the Graco. Wish I could return the Peg. It's so nice and lightweight, smooth, easy to control, great basket and snack trays, one for mom, one for baby, nice recline, folds up *super* easy. I like the way it looks, too. I have the Glen Plaid which is a black and white plaid - very sharp. I can't say enough about this stroller, I am really loving it. DH asked me, "Now when are we supposed to use that expensive Peg Perego one? This one's so much better!" I'm not liking the umbrella handles on the Peg at all. Very hard to maneuver. I'd read this about umbrella handles, but for some reason, that didn't make sense to me til now and it's too late. Anyway, I highly recommend the Graco MetroLite.

saulsie
06-13-2001, 12:18 AM
I'm glad to read these good reviews! I posted a similar question at another spot on this board before I found this. I checked out the MetroLite at BRU today, and compared it to the Combi Perfect Match, and really liked the MetroLite. I'm going to go with the more expensive LE - the bear print -- since it has a matching car seat. I'm a big fan of the oh-so-important cup holders for mom, too!

ducatigirl
06-13-2001, 02:20 PM
I have the "French Bear" stroller and love it. Only problem is don't put anything big in the bottom basket that you need to get to often when the infant seat is in place. There isn't as much clearance as with the "Glen Plaid". Don't know why it's different, but it is just enough.

Cindy
06-14-2001, 01:22 PM
I will be a first time mom this September, frantically looking for the perfect solution for a newborn who will be frequently going in and out of malls and grocery stores. I am comparing the Combi Perfect Match with the Graco Metrolite and have a few questions:
1) Does the Graco stroller squeak? I have read that many Graco strollers do this.
2) Does the infant carseat really not fit in the top of grocery carts?

I liked the Graco because of the handlebar, full recline feature, Glen Plaid fabric, and exact match to the infant car seat, but these are two important factors that I am worried about. Can anybody help me decide?

brazilmom
07-05-2001, 04:20 PM
I saw this stroller at Babies R Us today and compared to the thousand others I saw I liked this one best. Stroller shopping can be quite stressful!!!
I liked the fact that it was very light and easy to fold. The only set back is the terrible reviews that Graco has gotten on all of its other strollers and a message posted in another part of this site that gave bad reviews. All in all, I am considering buying it anyways. Anyone actually used it yet?