PDA

View Full Version : Jogging strollers? Kelty? BabyJoggerII? Kool Stop?

lilliansmama
03-02-2001, 05:23 PM
I'm looking for a single jogging stroller and having a hard time deciding. I would like to take the little one jogging with me in the morning around the neighborhood(~4miles). I'm also looking for something that folds easily. I know the new Baby Bargains Book has a whole chapter devoted to jogging strollers, but I would like to buy the stroller soon(within a week or 2). Any advice or suggestions?

alandenisefields
03-04-2001, 11:16 PM
Thanks for reading our book, BABY BARGAINS.

Well, just to carify----we have an entire SECTION in the new book dedicated to joggers (with a run-down of all the new models), but it is not an entire chapter.

The best brands: Baby Jogger and Kool Stop, although Zooper is a good newcomer. On the low end, we like InStep and Baby Trend's joggers. Does that help?

Any readers out there want to share their specific experiences with models?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

kk
03-08-2001, 07:07 PM
I have a babyjogger. I am not sure which model, but it is a newer model, I believe the one with the largest wheels. I love it. It handles bumps, gravel, grass and potholes with ease and baby enjoys it. It has lots of storage and a rain canopy as well. I highly recommend it.

Rosamia
03-09-2001, 09:16 AM
I have the baby jogger stroller and I love it for long walks on gravel/dirt roads and for jogging. Baby jogger has come out with a stroller that I think is called the Joggeroo and can be folded up with just one hand. You might want to look into that. I love my Baby jogger, but I would have gone for the Joggeroo (much easier and less cumbersome). Hope that helps!

peg
03-14-2001, 01:52 PM
I have a Baby Jogger II, with the behind the seat basket and the sunscreen. My daughter (now 21 months) was uncomfortable in it for a long time; when we went over bumps she'd slowly slide down in the seat and forward due to the incline of the fabric. I loved the stroller for it's light weight and ease of use (I only walk with it, but live in a very hilly area and appreciate the lightweight handling!)

My problems, and the reason i won't buy this brand for my double jogging stroller are as follows. The fabric is hot in warm weather and there is no screening in the back to permit air flow so the baby gets pretty sweaty. The behind the seat basket is dumb -- if you put anything in it, it makes a lumpy back rest for the child! The seat back doesn't recline. Also, I would prefer rear wheel brakes in addition to the front wheel brake that works with the hand brake; the front wheel comes up easily, especially on downhills, and when the wheel is off the ground the brake is useless.

I'm currently starting to research for double joggers and am checking brands like BOB, Kool Stride, Dreamer, InSTEP. Check out website www.ageebike.com. They have great prices and pretty good descriptions.

Good luck!

alicia
03-14-2001, 06:40 PM
I am expecting my first in may and do not have any personal experiences w/ jog strollers (or any other strollers for that matter). However, babiesrus just started to carry the new eddie bauer jog stroller. This stroller seemed to have all the features of most jog strollers but also the seat could flip from front to back. I thought this was a great feature to block from the wind and from the sun. you'd think all would have it. It is worth checking out. good luck, alicia
ps.... also it came in a great color blue

thomcatbob
03-15-2001, 01:19 PM
After alot of research on the subject, I just bought a BabyJogger II with 20 inch wheels. I chose this one over the Joggeroo because the BabyJogger II has a larger canopy. A large canopy and alloy wheels were important to me because I live in FL and was concerned about plenty of shade for my little one and no rust. It does ride nicely over the rough roads in our neighborhood.

lilliansmama
03-15-2001, 08:58 PM
>
>I'm currently starting to research for
>double joggers and am checking
>brands like BOB, Kool Stride,
>Dreamer, InSTEP. Check out
>website www.ageebike.com. They have
>great prices and pretty good
>descriptions.
>
I came across ageebike.com in my search as well, the prices are good and shipping is free. Anyone has experience with them?

toosie
03-29-2001, 10:51 PM
We recently switched from the Peg Perego Sherpa to the BOB Sport Utility Stroller. (not D'Lux). We love it. The 5-point harness keeps our 15 month old from squirming out of the seat, and she is very content on our 50 minute daily walk. We love the fact that the canopy swings forward, so it's a two second adjustment when the sun angle changes. It's also much better for us because it's hilly here. We had to walk beside the Sherpa on downhill stretches because our feet hit the back axle. It seems very solid and it is very quiet. We find that if we angle the stroller into the hill that the brake holds just fine. It is very easy to fold.

BOB's site is www.bobtrailers.com
We purchased our stroller from www.travelingtikes.com with good results.