PDA

View Full Version : Another Combi 6610 Question

nan
03-04-2001, 03:30 PM
Just bought it last night, put it together, and hubby and I have been "practicing" the open/close/snap in the carseat maneuvers ... anyway-- when we open it, it makes this very loud cracking sound. Doesn't look like anything is stuck or breaking, but the sound is a bit unnerving. Is this normal? Of course, Combi Customer service is not open on the weekends, but if I need to return it, I want to do it asap so I can start using the darn thing for walks with the baby!

lmintzer
03-05-2001, 01:47 AM
Our new 6600 also makes a pretty scary noise when we open it but seems fine. I'd suggest trying it out, and if it seems stable and pieces don't start dropping off, you're probably okay. FYI if you do need them, I had a very good experience with Combi customer service. When my stroller first arrived, the seat cushion was sagging; it looked like it had been folded one too many time. It didn't look too nice and I was worried that it might be a safety hazard. I e-mailed customer service and got a response within 24 hours. Without my even asking, they offered to send me a new seat cushion. It arrived within a week via UPS.

Lisa

sarsah
03-10-2001, 12:06 AM
My 6600 did this at first, but after awhile it went away. I've used my 6600 for over 9 months now and it has survived about 8 airline trips, as well as trips to the mall, around the block, etc. and it is still going strong. I have no complaints, except I wish it had a built in cup holder.

Sarah....

nan
03-10-2001, 01:46 PM
I talked to the Combi customer service people and they said it would make some noise while all the parts loosened up a little. I know what you mean about the cup holder-- you can get a little attachable one for about $8 at BabiesRUs (or any other baby store probably, called the Stroll'r Holder), but Combi makes a stroller organizer that has 2 cup/bottle holders and a pouch and fits on all their strollers (we also have the SavvyZ which the baby is too small for just yet), which I found for $12.99 on the babycatalog.com website.