PDA

View Full Version : "Umbrella" or Travel Stroller Rec's, Please!

mkkrum
03-11-2001, 07:18 PM
I'm looking for advice about lightweight and INEXPENSIVE strollers to travel with on an airplane.

I am about to embark on a cross-country flight with a five month-old. At home, we have a wonderful Combi 6600 with which we are extremely pleased. I don't really want to lug the 6600 with us, but don't want to spend a lot of money (more than $50) on a second stroller. I'm not concerned about attaching an infant carrier, as we won't be taking that with us (we'll have a convertible car seat there).

Since we have a good, relatively lightweight stroller for "everyday" use, I hesitate to purchase one of the Combi Savvy models. Color me cheap. We just aren't going to be doing much travel by air.

Suggestions, anyone?

shandrin
03-11-2001, 08:41 PM
have you seen their 'travel savvy's'? they are just as compact just a bit heavier but cost less, have a look at combi's website.

katesmom
03-15-2001, 01:04 PM
If you're looking for something inexpensive, then go with the Kolcraft Reclining Umbrella stroller. It usually retails for about $30.00. We had one for about a year and it was great. Fairly durable, and comfortable for my toddler. It recently broke down, however, so it's not a long-term investment. I would definitely purchase another. I got mine on estyle.com when they had that great "get $20 off of any purchase over $20.01" and I think I ended up paying $10 for it. Sadly, that promotion is long gone. But you may be able to find it cheaply on the web.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

aunt83me02
03-16-2001, 12:38 AM
I too would recommend the Kolcraft umbrella stroller. My nephew had one (it didn't recline) and it worked great. My brother-in-law stepped on the wheel(full force) and broke it(he's 6'4" and has large feet). They replaced it with a Cosco umbrella stroller...what a nightmare! It won't steer! You can get a basic model(no recline or canopy) of the Kolcraft for around $15 on Target.com Granted the umbrella strollers aren't super-durable, but at $15, you can afford to replace it and the convenience is unbeatable.

djxxi
03-19-2001, 11:30 PM
We like traveling with our Strollin Carseat. It is a convertable car seat with wheels and a handle. It makes traveling a breeze but it is not cheap. Check out www.strollin.com