PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller - Baby Trend Caravan Lite

peg
03-14-2001, 03:02 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Baby Trend Caravan Lite stroller? I have a 7 week old and a 21 month old and need a good way to go for walks (with hills!) and to the stores with them both. Would love to solve my problem for only about $180 (at babycatalog.com), but don't want to waste money if it is poor quality! Thanks for any help!

angusmom
03-14-2001, 09:48 PM
I have friends with this stroller and they love it. Baby Trend has produced it for a couple years I think. The big deal with it lately is that it can carry up to two infant seats. If you get the right model, you can carry an infant seat in the rear. You can also buy a front attachment bar so you can put a car seat on the front too. So you can either carry two seats or put the seat in the front or rear depending on preference. The only bad things I have heard is that if you have the front attachment bar on, it sticks out so much that the stroller becomes incapable of fitting in some car trunks. Also, the car seat attachment bars have to be screwed on, so it's not easy on a whim to decide if you want to use the bar or not. It's either/or - once you decide to put the bar(s) on, you cannot easily take it off so that one day you can use the stroller seat and one day you can have your 7 week old in his infant carrier.

I am not sure how it would hold up as a stroller used heavily for walks around the neighborhood.

There's lots of sites that sell that stroller. Be careful with babycatalog. Many people have had no problem with them and they have been in business a while, but as an avid reader of the baby bargains mail bag for many, many, many months now, there's been some bad stuff about them in the mail bag albeit not much bad stuff has been posted here. You just might want to talk to them on the phone first and get some info from a real person before ordering. Or check and see if some other sites will price match to their price (many sites will do that if asked nicely).

Good luck!

peg
03-15-2001, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your reply! My husband and I are going nuts with all the double strollers to sort through and nothing beats the input of people who actually are using the strollers!

Is there anyone out there who uses this stroller for neighborhood walks instead of car trip uses?