PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag Backpack

Jenni
03-19-2001, 01:13 PM
I am interested in buying a diaper bag backpack and have narrowed the selection to the Eddie Bauer Diaper Daypack or the Combi Urbansling. Any comments? Since I will be ordering this item online, I will rely on your comments to make a final selection. If someone has another type of diaper bag backpack that they highly recommend, please let me know that also. Thanks

emmiem
03-21-2001, 01:06 PM
Hi. The Gap is now selling a great backpack diaper bag which converts to a messenger bag. It's wonderful!

dave
03-21-2001, 03:07 PM
Love the Eddie Bauer version. It's a good size and doesn't look like a diaper bag.

Steph
03-21-2001, 11:13 PM
I purchased the Urban Sling, but haven't used it yet. It doesn't look like a diaper bag and has a casual feel as oppose to some of the leather fashion diaper bags available. It's a good size - broad and thin so that it won't look so bulky. It has several compartments although depending on the backpack you're interested in, you may be able to stuff more in the backpack than the Urban Sling. We're purchasing two diaper bags - mine will be the Urban Sling and DH will probably use one of the larger Eddie Bauer or Lands End bags for longer trips.

peg
03-22-2001, 06:14 PM
We bought and are very happy with the Baby Bjorn diaper bag back pack. The changing pad is large and there are two side zippered compartments that can hold large bottles, or baby food, or sippy cups, etc. There are a front and back zippered sections and plenty of compartments in each for separating diapers wipes, snacks, change of clothes, first aid supplies, whatever. The shoulder straps are easily adjustable and are nicely padded. Both my husband and I like it and hardly ever use the highly rated Lands' End diaper bag we originally bought since it is so impractical to have something slung over one shoulder! The back pack, hands-free option is the only way to go!

buchsbr
03-22-2001, 07:29 PM
I have the Kelty backpack and am really happy with it. Kelty is known in the camping/hiking world. This makes my husband happy as he doesn't feel like he's carrying a diaper bag. They are very well made. Just a thought.

sendust
06-21-2001, 09:17 PM
I bought several diaperbags including the urban sling which I didn't keep but you may like it. It is sort of like a large thinner carryall that doesn't look like a diaper bag at all. It seemed for me just too wide. I also bought the combi diaper bag and the Lands End deluxe and little tripper. I did buy a few. I like the combi diaper bag. It looks nice and has two insulated bottle holders on the outside. The Lands End backpack diaper bag (I didn't buy it but I have seen it) looks to me a lot like a regular backpack which isn't all bad but it is bigger than the combi backpack. I like the little tripper when I'm using a stroller (all I've used so far is the Baby Trend which is great) and I'm going to stick the bag in the Baby Trend. My husband thought I was nuts about choosing a diaper bag. I use the Lands End Deluxe when we go away for the weekend. It's nice to have free hands when you need to be walking around with the diaper bag instead of having it fall off your shoulder all of the time.

bethdg1
06-22-2001, 09:36 AM
I have the Lands End backpack and LOVE IT! For $39.00, you can't beat the price. It is nice and roomy and something my husband can carry around.