PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the combi 6610?

stella
04-02-2001, 09:30 AM
I'm thinking of ordering it from babystyle. Baby's due in July, We have a maclaren, but he'll need to be able to sit up for it.

We're traveling from Texas to North Carolina for a wedding in October (baby will be 3 months) and I need something that will accommodate a carseat (since we'll need the carseat when we get there!) and be convenient enough to fold and (hopefully) take on the airplane.

Its other major use would be an "around-town" and walking stroller (until he's big enough for a jogger).

Thanks for any guidance.

galton
04-03-2001, 04:55 PM
I also am looking at purchasing the combi 6600/6610 as a main stroller. Our baby is due at the very beginning of June and we will also be doing some air travel starting in December. Weight/height of the stroller is an issue for me as I am short and petite. I would also be using it mainly on the beach, sidewalks, in malls and footpaths/trails. I have read the the ultra savvy is not good in the sand. Anyone have experience with the 6600 heavier models with sand, pathways and travel? As a first-time mom to be any advice would
be appreciated.

cscbrown
04-10-2001, 10:32 PM
I just got a Combi 6610 and so far I am pleased. The stroller is easy for me to get in and out of the car, and to open and close - a big plus since I'm usually alone on my mall trips. It is also relatively easy to steer with one hand while holding my baby with the other. I got it to replace an Evenflo which I hated!!!
There are a few small drawbacks: although it is light, the 6610 is fairly bulky when it is folded. I have a small car and there is no room in the trunk for anything but the stroller. Also, my Evenflo carrier seems to sit at a weird angle on the stroller. It does not seem to lean back far enough to keep my son's head in position (but he is only 5 weeks old so he has very little head control). In the stroller he seems very "squished" a problem we do not have when the carrier is in the car. I strongly suggest you try placing the carrier you will be using on the Combi before buying.
Despite the minor problems I would recommend the 6610.

lmintzer
04-11-2001, 01:36 PM
This message is for csbrown (above): we purchased a Combi 6600 and an Evenflo On My Way Position Right VXL carseat for our little one (due in 4 weeks). Although we haven't used either yet, I believe I remember someone telling me that the with the Evenflo seats, the stroller needs to be in the fully reclined position (as opposed to the middle position) to ensure that the infant seat sits at the correct angle. For some reason, the design of the Evenflo seat is different enough from other carseats to necessitate a different stroller back position. Maybe this will help you level your baby's seat so that his head will be comfortable.

Lisa

lauraroth
04-14-2001, 08:19 AM
I have a seven month old. While he was still in his infant car seat we used a Snap'N'Go (Baby Trend). I cannot recommend this highly enough (for all of the people whose messages I've seen on this topic.) It's cheap--$60, has a good basket (although somewhat awkward to access when the car seat is set into it, folds easily and compactly, is light weight, stores handily when no longer needed...I can't say enough.

We flew from DC to Maui over Xmas (he was 4 months) and took it with us. We gate checked the car seat and the Snap'N'Go and had no problems with either being damaged in any way. (There really isn't much that you can damage on either piece.) Contrast that to the experience we had flying with a Graco Lite Rider after he'd grown out of the infant seat and could no longer use the S'N'G. Delta broke the brake mechanism so we didn't have brakes anymore. Delta (finally) reimbursed us for the cost of the Graco and we're heading out today to replace it.

Anyway, to make a long story short I'd really recommend using a S'N'G. Take a look at it.

Laura