PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Cosco Eddie Baur Travel System

Annette
04-02-2001, 06:22 PM
Help! I am due in two weeks and still cannot find a stroller. I have been looking for a Century (1st choice) or a Graco, but my hometown is limited in its offering of these travel systems. There are very few Century's sold and my husband feels that the Graco's don't seem as sturdy as he would like.

Therefore, while looking at Travel Systems yesterday, we ran across the Cosco Eddie Baur (I am almost positive the saleswoman told me it was the new model (2001?). It seemed to have a lot of great features (5 point harness and a 3 point adjustment as the baby gets taller)and my husband liked it because it seemed really sturdy. However, after reading the review of the older Cosco models in Baby Bargains as well as seeing some consumer reviews online, I am concerned about safety and quality (mainly regarding the infant car seat/carrier).

Has anyone heard anything about the newer models? Have they improved safety wise? If not, I certainly do not want to invest in that stroller. However, as men go, I need logistical information to back up my decision of buying this stroller or not (my husband wants to get it and I would be fine if I knew for sure it is safe and a good investment).

Please help with any feedback you may have....Thanks a million!