PDA

View Full Version : Getting Around w/ 2 Babies

jrpostle
04-04-2001, 03:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out the best way to get around with 2 kiddos, who will be 2 1/2 years apart (baby due Aug 2). Dual stroller? Dual jogging stroller? Single jogger w/ infant in carrier? We live in a hilly/mountainous area and spend alot of time outside. Help!

I'm considering a dual stroller because I've heard it is the most convenient for shopping. But we don't do much shopping and my older child will only ride about half the time, so I don't know if I'd really get much use from it.

I know jogging strollers are great for outdoor use, but are impractical for the mall/errands. Plus, I think you're not supposed to put infants in them until at least 6 months. Would a dual jogging stroller ride funny with only one child in it for a while?

The other option I was considering was a single jogging stroller w/ the baby in our Baby Bjorn. Once the baby is big enough to use a jogger, I'm afraid my toddler won't want to ride in the stroller any more and we won't get any use from a double.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

llg
04-04-2001, 10:39 PM
might want to look at the Gozo stroller at www.getgozo.com.

Have a friend with toddler and infant....she claims to love this stroller...I am expecting my first and am looking at this stroller for it allows you to convert from single to double at a later date.

The only down size there appears to be is that it is expensive.

gina
04-11-2001, 03:52 AM
I have a single child jogging stroller and it's incredibly easy to maneuver with and without a child. We live in a hilly area with a gravel drive. I didn't like the way the jogging stroller bounced around on the gravel or on the grass, so I've used it only twice. Also, in a jogging stroller there's no cushion or head support, and my jogger doesn't recline enough for an infant. My baby is 6 months old now.
Instead of my jogger I bought a Plikomatic which has a rear runner for an older child to stand and works really well in hilly areas - it has full recline and much more cushion. It's easy to maneuver when carrying a baby in an infant carrier and doesn't do too bad a job on the gravel either. I use my Pliko daily - AND it folds easily to take in the car for shopping. Good luck in your decision!

aunt83me02
04-20-2001, 11:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-01 AT 10:58PM (Mountain)[p]I recently used the Graco Duoglider, I loved it! It was SO easy to steer and not too large,having never used a double stroller I was kind of worried about that! I don't know if you are planning on using an infant carseat, and if you you are what kind, but you can get the Duoglider travel system that comes with the Graco DX5 infant seat. It has a 5-point harness and base for the car(I don't believe it's adjustable). The carseat attaches to the rear seat. I haven't used the carseat with the stroller but I think it is probably pretty handy. I used the stroller with a 3 year old in front and a 14mo. old in the rear, they got along wonderfully. The front seat reclines for a toddler and the rear seat reclines fully for infant use without the carseat. The basket is HUGE!!! You can get it at babiesrus.com for $230 the specific link is http://babiesrus.toysrus.com/index.cfm?bt=1&gid=1900&
You can get the stroller without the carseat at Baby depot and Target for $140. Actually it's cheaper to buy the carseat separately from the stroller on both of those sites and they have the coordinating carseat!