PDA

View Full Version : combi ultra savvy vs. peg milano

alicia
04-07-2001, 04:45 PM
I am torn between the US and the peg. I love that the ultra savvy is so light (i'm short and a big bulky stroller may be a challenge for me). They both have a bar to put the car seat in them. The ultra savvy seems like it may not be that sturdy or not that comfy for a 1 or 2 year old because its on the smaller side. The US is also pricey. The peg milano has a well established reputation and is certainly plush and comfy for any age. I'm sooo confused!!! If anyone has any information on either of these two strollers i would appreciate it!! thanks
alicia

lmintzer
04-08-2001, 01:15 AM
What about an in between size/weight stroller? I agree that the Ultra Savvy strollers look great for small babies but crowded for toddlers. The Milano is supposed to be top of the line, but it is extremely big and heavy. Since it's true that Peg Perego's got a great reputation, maybe you could go with a smaller model like the Plikomatic. It weighs roughly 15 lbs. and folds much more compactly than the Milano. It also has really nice fabrics (especially if you buy the Martinelli upgrade), a 4 position full recline, and allows for the attachment of an infant seat. The only disadvantages of the Pliko are the umbrella handles as opposed to the bar handle and a skimpy basket.

The other stroller you might consider is the Combi 6600 or 6610. Though maybe not as attractive as a Peg, it is another good in-between option size and weight wise. The 6600 weighs only 14 lbs., has a large basket, and a 3 position full recline. Like the Pliko, it also allows you to snap on most brands of infant seats.

Hope these ideas help.

Lisa

Geebee
04-08-2001, 07:43 PM
I agree with with this opinion. One of the Peg Perego Plikos (I have the Pliko Trek) might be just what you are looking for. It is a good size, relatively lightweight, and folds well. I like that it has a full recline and has a car seat adapter bar that can be purchased separately, so small infants can be accommodated easily. I have a friend whose child outgrew the Combi (at less than 18 months old), but I'm not worried about that with the Plikos.

Just look for 2001 Plikos. Previous models don't include a basket (has to be purchased separately), but the 2001 models do.

thomcatbob
04-10-2001, 09:58 AM
I have the Perego Milano XL and it is very nice for young infants. My son was able to sleep very comfortably in it while I was shopping or whatever. I do discourage it if it is going to be the only stroller you buy because it is big and heavy. It takes alot to fold and lift into the trunk. It is also very bulky and I have a hard time maneuvering in stores.

I have moved on to a Baby Jogger for walking the neighborhood on rough roads but am considering the purchase of another stroller for shopping. (Luckily, my Peg was a free gift!)

dave
04-10-2001, 02:16 PM
I went for the Peg Perego Pliko over the Ultra Savvy. It's been a great stroller, and with the attachment bar, we put our Evenflo carrier on and have a great travel system.

We also bought a Combi Savvy Z for my wife's car, and for traveling. It's very very light and compact, but does not have an attachment bar for a carrier.

Good luck!!

Tondi G
04-11-2001, 04:40 PM
I am in the same position as you are! I have been going through the same dilemma. My husband is tall and likes that the peg milano is comfortable to walk with.... he wasn't really impressed with the Combi line...he said it looks dinky and too small to fit a 40 lb child... the peg looks much sturdier to him!He figures that we will want to use this stroller with more than one child (since this is our first)and wants to buy the best out there! The weight is not an issue for him...but for me on the other hand...well you know how that goes! I have to say that my boss is expecting her 3rd child and she has a Peg Perego and has used it for both her girls and will for this one too and it still looks good! At least I can say that they are sturdy and will hold up through a few little ones. I decided against the Plikos cause I don't like the curved handles I prefer a bar! I might opt to buy a lower model Combi or some other liteweight stroller for traveling etc... but I think we are going to just go for it and get the Peg Perego Millano XL! Good Luck and I look forward to reading for others who have a peg/combi and what they say! Tondi

Tondi G
04-11-2001, 04:40 PM
I am in the same position as you are! I have been going through the same dilemma. My husband is tall and likes that the peg milano is comfortable to walk with.... he wasn't really impressed with the Combi line...he said it looks dinky and too small to fit a 40 lb child... the peg looks much sturdier to him!He figures that we will want to use this stroller with more than one child (since this is our first)and wants to buy the best out there! The weight is not an issue for him...but for me on the other hand...well you know how that goes! I have to say that my boss is expecting her 3rd child and she has a Peg Perego and has used it for both her girls and will for this one too and it still looks good! At least I can say that they are sturdy and will hold up through a few little ones. I decided against the Plikos cause I don't like the curved handles I prefer a bar! I might opt to buy a lower model Combi or some other liteweight stroller for traveling etc... but I think we are going to just go for it and get the Peg Perego Millano XL! Good Luck and I look forward to reading from others who have a peg/combi and what they say! Tondi