PDA

View Full Version : Triple Strollers

kspayne
04-09-2001, 02:27 PM
My wife and I are expecting triplets and obviously are looking for a triple stroller. Everyone has recommended the Peg Perego strollers for triplets, but we are stuck on deciding between two models. The new model has the flexibility to have their (Peg Perego’s) infant carriers/car seats attach directly to the stroller (the stroller seats are removable) from for ease of use when moving infants from a car to the stroller. The older model only has the stroller seats. I am interested in anyone’s opinion of whether this is really as good a feature as it sounds or simply a luxury. The reason I ask is that there is a definite price difference between the new model and their older model, as well as the additional costs for the three infant carriers they make. Not necessarily concerned about the costs, I just don’t want to make a wasteful decision if it really is not needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shandrin
04-16-2001, 01:53 PM
I don't have triplets/twins but i do own the big wheel duette model and i also did try out the peg infant seat, not sure if your aware but you MUST use it with the base it cannot be used without it, a huge down in my opinion considering the cost of this seat.

If you like to walk alot the large wheel model offers a better spring like frame than the newer '01 model and i'd imagine with pushing three as much help as you can get with the weight would make it much easier ;o) I know pushing any of the two out of my three children in mine the great spring like frame made for a much easier pushing job. Great for trips to the zoo or anywhere needing alot of walking. Also the older model's frame knocks down so it's smaller when folded than the newer one. I'd been considering the '01 duette double for the mall myself but without having the great spring like frame of the '00 and older models it seems to be just a longer tender, and it's not as easy to push for long distances so i' not going to buy it, i'm concerned i couldn't move/turn it. I'd sugguest trying to find store that has both so you can compare side by side. good luck!

mommy2tandk
04-21-2001, 01:59 PM
I have heard the Inglesina triple stroller is great!

mma800
05-14-2001, 10:23 AM
You've probably already purchased a stroller by now- but if not- check out this site:

www.doubledeckerstroller.com

They have a triplet model that looks great.

Good luck!

kspayne
05-16-2001, 09:49 AM
We haven't bought the stroller yet and loved the look of this one. This could be used while they are still in their infant carriers and then we could move to the Perego stroller once they are out. The downside with the Perego stroller using the infant carriers was that it could only hold two at one time leaving the third to be carried. Being able to put all three on one stroller frame makes things really manageable for one person.