PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a zooper stroller?

stella
04-18-2001, 01:54 PM
They got high reviews in the new book and they look awesome on the website (zooperstrollers.com). I wonder which model I would need for neighborhood walking? I would like any feedback on these strollers. Thanks!

hiller16591
04-18-2001, 10:03 PM
I am also interested in any information. I emailed the comapny and received a reply in one day with answers to my questions about car seat attachment, (out in fall). Would love to hear people's views on this product.

stella
04-19-2001, 09:31 AM
which are neighborhood (no sidewalks) walking 2-3 miles a day. There is a zooper breeze on e-bay right now for a very reasonable price and I thought that if that were a good model, I would bid on it (I didn't tell zooper that in the e-mail), and they responded within several hours to say that based on my criteria, I should look at the walk-air and the buddy. I told them I had a maclaren and they said the breeze fulfills the same purpose as the maclaren, so that would be overkill.

I was impressed with the personal service and advice.

astrid
04-23-2001, 03:51 PM
I just bought the Breeze this past weekend ($159). It is almost identical to the Maclaren Techno, at half the price. It manages beautifully, and works outdoors as well as it does indoors. I saw a Buddy in one of my local stores and fell in love with it. But I didn't really need a "jogger" I needed a "shopper." Something I could get in and out of the car and in and out of stores with. It's great with one hand or two and is full featured. I can't say enough good things about it.

stella
04-23-2001, 04:10 PM
Also at what store in what city and state did you find your zooper?

Thanks!

astrid
04-25-2001, 08:55 AM
I believe the Buddy was $249. You can call the store to double check. It's Baby Specialties in Natick, MA. Their number is: (508)653-2229. If you do not live in the area, I know they would ship it (UPS I think) for $15 or so. This store has both the Buddy and the Breeze. Another store that has the Buddy is Boston Baby, in Newton MA. Their number is (617)332-1400. I'm not sure if they'll ship out of town, but you can ask. I believe their price was also $249, but you should probably call to check. Hope that helps!!

hiller16591
04-25-2001, 12:07 PM
The Lullabye Shop in Appleton and Green Bay, Wiscosnin also have them. They rave about them. A side note, apparetnly a Graco infant seat can fit the nap bar, however Zooper and Graco do not recommend this. Zooper will have a car seat adaptor ready by October.

sdorazio
05-08-2001, 12:53 PM
I just bought a Zooper "Breeze" this weekend. I haven't used it yet, so I'll post again in the future, but I wanted to give some feedback now.

I was looking for a lightweight "mini-marvel" type stroller. This one certainly seems to fit the bill. I had narrowed the search to the Zooper Breeze or the Peg Perego PLiko Sherpa/Trek. The Breeze has MANY features (independent wheel suspension, swivel front wheels, attachable rain shield and boot (it can convert to a carriage), window in the canopy, multi-position reclining seat and foot rest, etc.) for SIGNIFICANTLY less money! ($159.) The basket under the seat is not big, but it is enclosed by the frame of the stroller which I think will allow you to put more in it. It folds up very easily and stands by itself. The rear wheels lock simultaneously by just stepping on a foot pad, rather than bending over and adjusting individual brakes.

The best feature for me are the handlebars - they are umbrella type, but they are padded in a soft foam and have a wonderful ergonomic twist to them that feels very comfortable (the best way to describe it is that it feels more like holding a steering wheel than pushing a shopping cart!).

For me, the only down side is the fabric. I thought it looked a little cheap (this may be a personal preference thing because my husband loved it!). The seat is nicely padded in a soft sueded material, as are the cushions for the 5 point harness. Because this stroller is available in only one store in my area (and not at all online) I had no choice of color (mine is "charcoal"). I think the fabric on the Sherpa or Trek will hold up better in the elements (rain, sun, snow) and over time, but with all the other features, and the price, I think this stroller just can't be beat.

I will post back later if I find out more as I use it!