PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions about Combi 6100 convenience stroller

Anik
04-22-2001, 02:54 AM
Hi, everybody,

I am planning to get a second stroller for my 10 month old son as I am tired of my first one (Cosco Rock-n-Roller). I would like something more lightweight and compact but more functional, durable and sturdy than travel or umbrella strollers, and not very expensive (so travel ultra savvy is not the choice for me).

I am planning to use it the same way as now - mostly for daily walking in the parks and to/from playgrounds and in malls.

After some research I decided that I seem to like Combi strollers and was thinking about 6100 convenience model. But unfortunately I am not able to see it "live" - only in the Internet (I am in Canada and these strollers are not available here) and I can not find many opinions about it (only 3 opinions at epinions.com but this seems not enough).

Therefore I would really appreciate any opinions about this model. Is it not too small for a toddler, how is the steering, etc.etc? If somebody could compare it to 6510 convenience stroller or to Graco Metrolite (in terms of weight, size when folded and overall convenience for mom and baby) that would be really great (I am considering those models too).

Thanks

Anna and little Andrey

kimbertschi
04-24-2001, 04:06 PM
I'm in a similar position. For more reviews, try www.babygearreview.com. I don't know about the 6100, but the 6610 looks great (6510 too). I am going to get a Graco car seat, and am torn between the 6610 (15 lbs.) and the Graco Metrolite (16 lbs.), which also accepts the Graco carseat. I have compared them both at a store, and here are my impressions:

The Graco is easier to fold (one-hand release), and the car seat is more secure on the Graco because it is made to accept that seat in particular -- it has little latches that hold the seat in. The Combi takes both hands to release for folding, and you have to use a separate strap over the car seat to keep it in, which just doesn't seem quite as secure as the latches. Prices are similar: $99 for the Combi, and $129 for the Graco. Combi seems to have a better reputation for durability and customer service, though. I have been unable to find any reviews on the Metrolite on either of the two sites referenced above, I guess because it's so new, but lots of reviews on the Graco Literider -- are mixed, main complaint seems to be squeaky wheels. I will say that my Graco double, which I bought about 5 years ago, fell apart after about 2 years of very heavy use.

The only thing (besides question about reputation/quality) I didn't like about the Graco was the pulley system for the seat recline-- it didn't seem that sturdy to me. I am going to look again this weekend with my hubby and get his opinions as well. If you come up with any other information, let me know!!