PDA

View Full Version : strollers for tall parents

mhill
04-23-2001, 10:05 AM
Help! My husband and I are tired of backaches from pushing around a stroller that doesn't have enough extension? Any suggestions?

dave
04-23-2001, 10:35 AM
I'm 6'2" and my Peg Perego Pliko works great for me and my 5'5" wife.

angusmom
04-23-2001, 08:02 PM
I myself at 5 feet, so I can't speak to being a tall parent, but I have heard from friends that Maclarens and now the Maclaren knock-offs from Kidco are good for tall parents. I also have checked out Century brand travel systems and they are definitely built for people much taller than me generally!

GinaP
04-24-2001, 09:11 PM
Suggestions:
1. Check out Kid Co. strollers--they have telescoping handles that truly do extend for taller people. They can be found at: www.kidcoinc.com. These can be hard to find, but www.babycatalog.com has a nice selection (note: they have Kid Co and Kid Co/Bebecar strollers--the ones with the telescoping handles are listed under Kid Co).
2. Make your own handle extender. This sounds nuts, but it's what I ended up doing. I have a Combi (the 2000 model--the handles on the 2001 models are 3 inches higher), and I made a 5 inch extension using PVC pipes. I attached them with velcro tabs, and doing so prevented me from throwing the stroller out. If you want details, email me separately.
3. One of the above suggestions was to try a Plikomatic--I found that they don't really extend all that high, but give it a push around the store anyway.
4. Some of the Graco strollers are high enough for taller parents, so you might look at those as well.
5. Regularly schedule massage therapy for you and your husband.
(why not?)

Good luck.
Gina P