PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gap Diaper bag

jaredemily1997
04-23-2001, 03:30 PM
My husband and I are looking at diaper bags and wanted to get feedback on the Baby Gap Diaper bag. We haven't read much about this one and wanted to see what everyone thought. We like what we have seen. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

joodyjr
05-02-2001, 07:29 PM
the best suggestion I can give you is don't spend alot of time fretting over the "perfect" diaper bag.. because no matter how many you look at, you'll never decide!!!
However, I DID spend countless hours researching, kicking the tires (so to speak) and reviewing message board opinions here's the latest findings... (400 and some bags later)...
quality: you'll get what you pay for *depending on just how much you use it*
if you need an occasional bag.. don't spend alot.
but even if you plan to use it alot..$95 is much too much for a diaper bag.
brands: can up the cost considerably but who didn't know that.
pockets: the more the better.
size: big IS NOT better. I know of three friends that have ditched their mid-size bags for a smaller version.
My personal pick (and the Baby Bargains book)is the Lands End diaper bag. Not too pricey around $45, made really well and it works for a trip to the mall, and and overnight weekend at mommom and poppops. They also carry a variety of sizes. I also have two cheapies that I use for daycare and quick trip to town, that I didn't spend more than $1 on for both in brand new condition!!!

shoppingmom
07-23-2001, 01:08 AM
I have the Baby Gap Diaper backpack. I like it, however, now that our little girl is 16 mos. old, the bottle holders on the front of the bag don't fit her sippy cups. Which is very frustrating. And some milk leaked onto the black material and even after cleaning, there is still a discoloration.

I think the comment before mine is very correct, whatever you get, don't put so much time into it now. I spent countless hours researching every bag out there, along with my girlfriends. We went to Kenneth Cole, Kate Spade, Nine West etc. What we realized is that now our kids are toddlers, we pack much less stuff and put aside our original purchases for smaller bags.

I prefer a messenger style baby bag now. It all depends on the straps and your stroller handle. I found a great messenger bag (not a baby bag) on sale at the Gap for only $12.99 last year, and now I use that a lot.

I would recommend using the free diaper bag from the hospital for a couple of weeks, and then go out shopping with your new knowledge of what you like and what you hate.