PDA

View Full Version : Help me reach Combi customer service!

mcades
04-25-2001, 05:04 PM
I'm trying to find out the difference between 2 Combi strollers - the Convenience 2000 & the 6610. They look very similar & could perhaps just be different model years. Various store salespeople have been of no help. I cannot get through to a live person on the Combi 800 customer service line, nor have they responded to my emails from the Combi website. This has been VERY frustrating!

Does anybody know the difference (if any) between these two strollers? Has anybody had any better luck getting through to Combi's customer service? Thanks!

angusmom
04-27-2001, 09:09 PM
Hello!

I dont know the exact differences between the strollers, but wanted to clarify something you mentioned. I don't know of a Combi 2000. There is a 6610 and a 6510 for this year.

The 6610 and 6510 are mostly the same, except the 6610 additionally has:
Plush removable, washable pillow headrest.
Extended sun visor on the canopy
The wheels are a smidge larger (a little less than an inch).

These are the only differences I can see from the Combi brochure I have. Hope this helps! Oh, of course the fabrics are different too.

mcades
04-28-2001, 10:53 AM
I FINALLY heard back from Combi (after threatening to buy a different brand)! The 2000 year model differs from the 6610 in that the 6610 has a 1" larger wheel, a kids tray, & a matching carseat cover & canopy for your infant seat.

Is Combi's customer service any better if you have problems with their merchandise?

littlemomma
05-14-2001, 02:39 PM
I had a little better experience w/ their cust service but I remember it took a while to actually speak to someone. You had to press a number from a menu & wait for a rep to answer the phone. Then it would say I could leave a voice mail message & someone would call back. They called me back the next day & were helpful once you spoke to a human being.

I bought the Combi 6600 (Convenience 2000) while I was pregnant last year. The rubber cover on the handle got a one inch crack in it & I called for a replacement handle. They said it came as one piece on the whole stroller frame. Since they didn't have the navy print of my 2000 model they shipped me an entire new stroller which is the newer Combi 6610. And you are right that the only difference is the larger wheels, an infant carrier cover (comes in handy in case baby leaks just remove the combi cover & the infant cover remains as back up), and a toddler snack cover. And it weighs 15 lbs instead of 14 lbs like the older model (bigger wheels).

I absolutely love my Combi stroller & highly recommend it. I love that you can put the evenflo infant carrier in it so you don't wake up baby and the light weightness of the stroller. Just make sure you get a compact diaper bag b/c the basket is not that big. I bought this stroller b/c of the light weight and I knew my back would be aching enough w/ having to carry my baby & all his baggage. If you try to lift the other travel systems at the store, you'll see how unbelievably heavy they are.

rosebud142
05-30-2001, 12:01 AM
Just a word on reaching Combi's customer service. I do find that getting a live person right away can be difficult but if you leave a message with your phone number, they have called me back within 24 hrs (even on a Saturday). They are also very responsive if you email them via customer service at www.combi-intl.com

I love my Combis and have both the travel savvyz which grandma uses (she needs the lightweight, easy to fold stuff) and I use the Ultra Savvy 2001. I have called their customer service 3 times and have gotten replacements free of charge and shipping for 1) the front bar fabric cover which I lost, 2) caps that cover the front bar inserts which I also misplaced! 3)a brand new stroller pack (I complained that the one that came with the US stroller did not have the small strap which prevents the whole thing from sliding down the bar).

So in a nutshell, email them and you'll be happy with the response!

cali_boston
05-31-2001, 04:36 PM
I don't recommend the purchase of Combi. I just got off their customer service (after several attempts and being on hold for 20 min per call). I've had my Savvy for 1 year 7 months and have already had to ship it back for repair. They can't repair the frame therefore I will need to buy a brand new stroller to replace the very expensive Savvy.

rosebud142
05-31-2001, 08:09 PM
For some reason, I have had good fortune with Combi's customer service. I emailed their Parents Idea forum with some ideas via their site www.combi-intl.com this morning and got a response back from the VP/General Mgr. by this afternoon. In fact, they are sending me a FREE Combi Diaper bag just for submitting my ideas for future enhancements (hint, hint: give it a try, you might get a freebie too!). It was a very nice surprise.

pearsoka
06-05-2001, 09:37 PM
I also had the rubber handle cover crack. They are sending me a new frame. I can't wait!

jacquirapp
06-11-2001, 12:32 PM
I had no problems with customer service with them... I emailed them from their website and heard back within 24 hours... Maybe that is the way to go...

sendust
06-21-2001, 08:57 PM
I'm pondering both of these strollers. How is the handle height? If I get one stroller which would you recommend?