PDA

View Full Version : Combi Stroller -- Convenience 6610 vs. Ultra Savvy

gingerbrown
04-26-2001, 02:53 PM
I have pretty much decided that I want either the Combi 6610 or the Ultra Savvy for my only/main stroller. Our local baby store only carries the 6610, and I really liked it -- and the price is great! But, I want to be sure I have a really good stroller, as I plan on using it a LOT -- so I'm wondering what's different about the Ultra Savvy & is it worth the extra $150?

Thanks!
Ginger
edd 10/6/01

GinaP
04-27-2001, 04:46 PM
Hi--
I have an Ultra Savvy, and my good friend has a 6610, so I'll give you my view of the differences. The 6610 has a very roomy basket, and the seat area for the baby is large, which means your child is comfortable for a longer time as she grows. The handle height and angle is adjustable on this model as well. It's also about 15 pounds, and doesn't fold up well for traveling. The US is 10 pounds, has a smaller basket, and smaller seat area. But, it was designed as a smaller stroller, and is actually roomier than the Travel Savvy or the Savvy. It folds up great for traveling, and is easy to steer with one hand. The handle height on the 2001 model is three inches higher than the 2000 model, and it also comes with a stroller pack with two insulated bottle compartments, and a zippered pouch to keep you wallet and keys handy. I've found that the canopy on both of these models is mediocre, so there's not much difference there. They both recline fully and have car seat attachments, so no difference there, either.

Either one of these is a good choice for a main stroller. The US is better built and is more sturdy than the 6610, which accounts for the extra money. If you're going to be walking alot, and live in a city with small sidewalks and store aisles, I'd cast my vote for the US. If you don't need a lot of durability, and will most likely be taking leisurely strolls on nicely cemented paths, save a few bucks and get the 6610.

That said, one thing that has really bugged me about the US, however, is that the basket is inadequate for doing my errands (like grocery shopping).

littlemomma
05-14-2001, 02:47 PM
I agree w/ the above post. I have the 6610 and love it (see my other post under "Help me reach combi cust serv"). The only difference I could tell b/t the two is that the US is lighter weight and folds up nice. The 6610 works for me b/c I take the baby for walks in the nieghborhood, paved paths in the park & the mall. If you plan to go for hikes or live in big city w/ serious sidewalks, then I'd recommend something more heavy duty like an Emmaljunga or Inglesina pram. But they are expensive aroung $350.

good luck

rosebud142
05-24-2001, 01:17 AM
Both posts gave accurate views of the strollers. I have the Ultra Savvy 2001 and it works great for me because of its compactness and maneuverability. Only drawback is the small basket...I end up hanging the strap of my baby bag over the handlebar but it works pretty well because it is easier to access baby's things. I use the basket instead for jackets (I live in the Bay Area where the weather can be unpredictable!) and a mini cooler on hot days. Hope that helps. Check out comfortliving.com. They are having a sale on these strollers.

Auburn94
05-29-2001, 10:12 AM
I am in the exact same boat, trying to decide between these two strollers. As a first time mom, it's so hard to know exactly how you will use the strollers and which features will be important. I'm thinking I will use it for walks in the neighborhood on a paved street and in the mall. I'm leaning toward the 6610 because of the price difference. I figure I can always buy an "umbrella" stroller later on and the two together will still cost less than the Ultra Savvy.
If anyone else has any more advice, it is much appreciated. From reading all of these posts, it seems like even with the best intentions of buying the perfect stroller, you still tend to make mistakes and have to buy another one down the road.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Ashley
edd 09/16/01

rosebud142
05-29-2001, 01:48 PM
Hi Ashley,

If price is a factor, Babystyle.com slashed the prices of alot of their stollers! I think right now is a good time for good deals because the 2002 models are going on the market soon so 2001 models are going on sale. Also, look at: combistrollerstore.com and combistrollers.com

My girlfrieds and I have decided that your lifestyle is the best gauge for the type of stroller you need. You don't realize how much weight and size really matters until you are on-the-go and constantly hauling the stroller (and baby) in and out of the car. Mall and paved street walkers may not mind the weight and bulk but may prefer the luxury features. My girlfriend can spend an entire day at the mall so it was important that her son has cushy, recline seats and she had a large basket to put her goodies in. I, on the other hand am petite, constantly on the go and like to dine so a lighter, compact stroller suits me better. Even though the Ultra Savvy is pricier, I find it has all the luxuries of full size strollers without compromising the importance of weight and size. Well, hope that helps!