PDA

View Full Version : Combi Ultra Savvy with Fisher Price Stay in View

emilyadam
04-30-2001, 09:28 PM
Does anyone have experience using the FP Stay in View with the Combi Ultra Savvy. I have heard rumors that the combo works, but Combi says that it has not been tested. General feedback about the infant seat and stroller are welcome as well. Thanks!

suribear
05-20-2001, 11:31 AM
I have been trying to find out the same thing for the ultra savvy and FP!! And it's very frustrating b/c Combi says Century, Evenflo or Graco seats work but won't comment on the FP SIV.

I even read something about the Century Celestia (which I believe is the "new" Smartfit) not working in the snap and go, but I believe that Century is just trying to prevent people from using the snap and go versus their own (inferior) travel systems. Very annoying!!

I have the 2000 Ultra Savvy and love it, so much that I have recommended it to lots of people (who also love it) and I am buying it for my SIL :-) I use it with the Century Smartfit Elite, but I'm not that crazy about that car seat, and FP SIV has better features, IMO.. that's why I wanted to know if it works. I guess I'll just go to Babies r us and test it out!!

Kris

emilyadam
05-20-2001, 12:56 PM
Please let us know how the test drive goes! thanks

venka
05-28-2001, 05:28 AM
I was just at Babies R Us today and was looking at this very thing, since we've pretty much decided on the Combi Ultra Savvy but hadn't looked at carseats yet, and the Fisher Price Stay in View got good ratings. Unfortunately, the FP doesn't fit at all. :( It's oddly shaped on the bottom - there are no indentations on the underside that correspond with the bar on the stroller. Otherwise we would probably have gone with it.

FYI on others we tried: the Graco Snug Ride did latch on but did not belt in securely (the little red latch too easily slipped out from under the bar and the carseat was able to be pulled quite a distance from side to side). I don't remember which Century model we tried - whoops! - but it seemed to fit alright. The Evenflo On My Way Position Right fit the tightest of the three seats we tried, and for the moment that's our top choice.

One note: Babies R Us didn't actually have the Ultra Savvy model, so we used the plain Perfect Match stroller for our testing (which should be the same fit-wise but I thought I'd mention it).