PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the Sit 'N Stand for two?

ggibson
05-01-2001, 06:47 AM
I saw someone using this stroller and it looked great... one kid can sit or stand in the back and the younger one can sit up front. Any opinions from anyone who has used it?

Geebee
05-01-2001, 09:45 AM
Just a thought...

I don't have this stroller, but I have a friend who bought one. Her kids are 26 months apart. She said that the problem was that the older child could only stand when the younger child was reclined (which is needed for newborns). Her older child became frustrated with this when she wanted to sit. So it probably depends on the age of the older child.

mom@home
05-01-2001, 06:57 PM
I have the Sit and Stand LX3, which can accomodate an infant carseat. I really like this stroller but I would only recomend it for a child who is at least 3. When the front seat is reclined, you can't use the back seat so the older child is forced to stand. This is perfect for my 3year-old who prefers to walk when we're out somewhere but occasionally gets tired and likes to hop on for the ride. I love that this stroller holds my baby's infant carseat. My only complaint - this stroller weighs a ton and can be kind of a pain to lug in and out of the trunk.

angusmom
05-01-2001, 11:55 PM
Baby Trend (now Swan for some products) has a Compact Sit n Stand model coming out soon that may help with the bulky/heavy problem. I don't have any more information though to post that would answer the question here and now. And I don't think this model will change the fact that the older child cant sit with the front seat reclined. It seems to be a limitation of the basic design of the product and not really something Baby Trend could fix without extending the front to back wheelbase of the stroller to keep the jumpseat further away from the front seat. Overall, I think it must be a good product for some people because it's been on the market for years and they keep improving it.